PDA

View Full Version : Phyllis Lake Ice Fishing Questions

trapshooter
11-29-2010, 07:52 PM
1.How many of you guys ice fish Phyllis Lake?
2. What do the trout bite on?
3.Can you drive on the lake at any time during the winter?
4.What part of the lake is good to ice fish?

I am going out this weekend with my Dad and Sister. My Dad and I checked it out on Sunday after deer hunting, it was 6:00pm pitch black outside and all we could see were 2 guys that had a fire going ice fishing! We did not see any tire tracks though.

WayneChristie
11-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Way too early to drive on anywhere, we had a local last week drive out and he ended up with a submarine.

sheepguide
11-29-2010, 08:53 PM
Once the ice is thick enough you can drive on it no problem. The fish bit mainly on maggots and power baits. And most guys fish straight out from the access road .
SG

Scotty P.
11-30-2010, 10:42 AM
As of last weekend there is enough ice to walk on but don't drive a vehicle on it yet. It's not a big lake but like SG said anywhere our from the launch should be fine. As far as bait goes I don't think I've ever seen anyone use anything that didn't work. Dew worms, Maggots, and Power Bait seem to be the preferred ones but I wouldn't be scared to try whatever you want. I can only seem to catch the little guy's but I have seen some large fish come out of there so good luck and happy fishing!