PDA

View Full Version : badger lake ice

Gary K
11-30-2010, 04:21 PM
hopeing to head out to badger this weekdn and try my hand at some of the pike i missed hits on last year.
anyhow, anyone hit the ice there yet? jsut wonderign if its good enough to walk on.
also, ive only ever caught pike there and beem a few times. any other critters hiding in there?
thanks
gary

calgarygringo
11-30-2010, 05:50 PM
I have not been out this winter yet but between what we have caught, seen on the fish camera, and seen other people catch I do know that we have seen there are pike, walleye,perch, whitefish, burbs, and have heard of the odd rainbow but not seen myself.

Mark H
11-30-2010, 07:15 PM
I fished it on sunday, the ice is about 5" thick in the NW corner. We got 1 and missed 1, neither were very big, maybe 5 lbs. The water was very clear, and we saw lots of whitefish, never tried for them though.

Mark

Gary K
11-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Thanks guys. I will hve a full report Saturday. Anyone else with any info?
Perhaps on travers or mcgregor if we decide to move from badger?

driverlong
11-30-2010, 08:00 PM
was on Macgregor Monday and the ice was in 10" range. My buddy caught one nice sized but it was the only hit from 10-2

tightlines
12-03-2010, 12:15 PM
went out yesterday, ice was 7-9 inches, nice clear dark ice, some white in spots. The weather there was -15, fog, light east breeze. Had 5 fish between two of us, and one heavy mother that broke the line from running. counted at least 8 pike that would just sit and look at the bait, one that bit my leader, and a ling that was just swimming around our bait. I pulled out a 21 pounder there last year, but as i could see whats on the other side of the ice, let me tell you this thing was a pig! this was absolutely not anything like the 21 pound caught the previous season, my guess would have to be 25+ pounds. sharp ice at the bottom of the hole is to blame, thats my story and im sticking to it!!lol
happy fishing!