PDA

View Full Version : RV Camping in Montana

LeonH
12-01-2010, 11:39 AM
I am getting into camping/fishing plans for next year and would really like to take my family to Montana for about two weeks that includes quick stop to Waterton NP.

Some fishing would be nice and I would prefer places with a lot of nature scenery. I do have 6-year old, so some kids activities would be great.

Any suggestions for Montana RV places to stay?

Safety D
12-01-2010, 12:47 PM
We smashed Lakers on Flathead Lake last year. The state of Montana actually in my opinion has a pretty slow fishery. Unless you are a local and are really dialed in certain spots. What a great place though. I love it there and the people are really nice too. I would recommend a guide, as Flathead Lake is a really tough fishery unless you are really dialed in. A guided trip is not that expensive. I think I got the boat for 325 bucks for 5 hours then I tipped him 50 for great service and we caught lots of fish !!!!

italk2u
12-01-2010, 02:18 PM
There are over a hundred RV parks in Montana. Most have great views and a lot have nearby fishing.
I can speak personally about West Glacier. Right in the mountains and Columbia falls..right beside the river.
here's a link:
http://www.rv-clubs.us/montana_rv_campgrounds.html