PDA

View Full Version : Some Ice...

ULTRAlite
10-30-2007, 09:34 PM
McLean Pond

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r174/cory_r_t/TheIceisComin.jpg

2/3 rds covered in a thin skiff - higher up has to have more.

Lethalconnection
10-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Now thats a tease:love:

wildman
10-31-2007, 08:31 AM
we were at a pothole lake within 2 hrs of e-town on sunday.
there was a good 1/4" of ice in amongst the reeds!!!!!!!!!
sooooon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :)

-NDN-
11-01-2007, 01:07 AM
saw some ice buildup in a ditch/slough the other day, all i could think about at that moment was early ice season trout

Penner
11-02-2007, 07:46 AM
I'm totally getting the itch. I think I'm going to go and pull out the gear and get it ready for the season. There should be some walk-on oppertunities around the Edm area by months ends.:rolleyes:

ULTRAlite
11-02-2007, 12:19 PM
I think I'm going to go and pull out the gear and get it ready for the season.

Gonna do that this week - sharpen blades - reline some rods / reels - pull out the ice tent. Might have to take a trip up to Upper K here in a couple weeks to see what the progress is like. Once I fill the deer tag of course... :)

jrs
11-02-2007, 05:16 PM
I walked accross a small wetland earlier this weeks working guys. 1.5-2'' hard ice. Could feel it bend but unlike the week before it held. Very soon especially at higher elevations. Too much deer hunting needs to happen for me to really worry about it right now :) .

sheephunter
11-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Gonna do that this week - sharpen blades - reline some rods / reels - pull out the ice tent. Might have to take a trip up to Upper K here in a couple weeks to see what the progress is like. Once I fill the deer tag of course... :)

I wouldn't be in too much of hurry....Wedge doesn't even have ice on it yet. Guessing it will be a month or so before the big lakes see any ice.

Lethalconnection
11-02-2007, 10:30 PM
I wouldn't be in too much of hurry....Wedge doesn't even have ice on it yet. Guessing it will be a month or so before the big lakes see any ice.

SHHHHHH dont say that, might make some people cry if you say that:cry:

mud slug
11-03-2007, 11:32 AM
i'm ready to go the augeris tuned the rods relined and on friday i was at the fishing hole and picked up one of those fish tv's so you can see whats at your hook its suposed to work even in low light so i hope i didn't waste my hard earned coin does anyone have one how well do they work?

TundraBuck
11-10-2007, 01:28 PM
They work great and they're awesome for little kids. Hopefully we'll have some ice soon, we need some more freezing nights!

buckshoot
11-10-2007, 07:43 PM
I walked on water while hunting today, so it is coming soon

25-06rem.model700
11-10-2007, 08:08 PM
when i get the urge i cast in to the airation holes on my trout pond lol sucks to be u guys rite now

gube
11-11-2007, 07:05 AM
I do the same on my trout pond :D
Brookies and rainbows, yum yum.

25-06rem.model700
11-11-2007, 10:03 PM
i have rainbows got a 14.5 pounder once :) and i have one brookie lol well he got in during the flood in 05 ive caught him twice bout 2lbs and had him one the other day but lost him

Walleyes
11-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Sounds like its winter up home.. They tell me we have about 8" of snow and its been cold.. The boys told me we have a good 6 - 8 " of ice on some of the smaller lakes.. I hope to give it a shot on Blacket when I'm home next week.. We try and include it with a deer hunt.. We hunt our way there its about a 12 mile quad run then fish for a couple hrs then hunt back towards home.. Usually makes for a heck of a day.. Lethal I know you're dien to get out.. If you have the time you should look at headin up north for a weekend... A 4 -5hr drive from Calgary can put you into some good fishin.. If you want pm me and I can give you some good directions to some fine Walleye and Perch lakes that should be fish able on foot or quad by now... And if its them devil fish Pike you want well we don't even consider them a fish,, Pike are for people who don't know how to catch Walleye.. :lol: :lol: Damn nuisance is what they are.. :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :D :D ...