PDA

View Full Version : Keho lake

GrtWht
12-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Have never fished this lake before, but drive past it all the time for work. Was wondering if anyone has been out yet this year. Have heard that its a good lake for pike and walleye, but having never fished it before was not sure where on the lake I should go for best results.

Loki610
12-19-2010, 02:44 PM
I've always had the best luck on the north and south sides along the dykes or levee's, the boat launch is also a good spot for pike. Walleye in the summer I've mostly found around the outlet canal on the east side, not sure where the best spot for them in the winter is yet

buckfever
12-20-2010, 12:31 AM
Have never fished this lake before, but drive past it all the time for work. Was wondering if anyone has been out yet this year. Have heard that its a good lake for pike and walleye, but having never fished it before was not sure where on the lake I should go for best results.

dont think very many ppl know about keho... if your going on a weekend good luck finding a spot in the inlet/outlet (just what ive been hearing never been there on the weekend) the pike and eyes r in the canals now chasing the whitefish whie they r spawning. heard a 30lber came out last weekend and went back in the hole.... hole inthe bucket or hole in the ice, ill never know

npauls
12-20-2010, 12:40 AM
Tons of people fish keho in the winter mostly at the inlet and outlet with some guys staking their claim at the boat launch area. All spots can be good fishing.

I myself wouldn't eat anything out of keho even if I did eat fish. It is pretty dirty water.

It is hit or miss on fishing out there. Some days you will find whatever species stacked up and other days it seems like there is no fish in the whole lake.

Good luck and I hope you are one of the lucky ones that gets a monster.

Nate