PDA

View Full Version : Coal tommorow!

FishingFrenzy
12-19-2010, 05:55 PM
WELL, The season has begun! My first ice fishing trip of the year will be out to coal tomorrow!!!! Hoping too hook into LOTS of fish, maybe even something nice sized?!? Anyone have any advice they're willing to share? this is my first time fishing coal in the winter. We will be parking at the north end and walking as far as we can before we drop dead.

The reel is loaded, the tackle box is full, the food is ready, Im ready to FISH!!

See ya on the ice!

Monster Pike Man
12-19-2010, 05:58 PM
I would go to a different lake unless u love catching 3lb pike.

FishingFrenzy
12-19-2010, 06:30 PM
There is ALOT of 3lb pike in there, but there are the odd nice ones. And who can complain about catching 20+ fish in a trip?

Tight lines!

bloopbloob
12-19-2010, 07:22 PM
i drove out last weekend in a car from the north end, 12-13" of good ice, there were a couple trucks out there, even further than where I went. seemed very solid out there. not one noise from the ice the whole time.

FishingFrenzy
12-19-2010, 07:35 PM
bloopbloop,
Thanks for the info!! im not really into driving on but i still appreciate the information! How was the fishing when you were out? I've been hearing rumors that the fishing is slow this year, any truth to that?

bloopbloob
12-19-2010, 08:12 PM
bloopbloop,
Thanks for the info!! im not really into driving on but i still appreciate the information! How was the fishing when you were out? I've been hearing rumors that the fishing is slow this year, any truth to that?

not a single fish, I was only out for 1-1.5 hours though. had a smelt stolen from a pike rig, but never even knew it happened, so could have been fishing for most of the time without any bait on the one line.... Used a rod with small hooks looking to catch a perch with my main line, with no success either.

btw, the jack I'm holding in my profile pic came from Coal Lake. There are some nice ones in there......

FishingFrenzy
12-20-2010, 06:51 PM
WELL, Coal was pretty slow today, only two fish caught and a few more sighted but nothing much. We tried everything from jigging cranks to bait rigs and nothin. Was VERRY cold, my new costco tent worked pretty well though. If you were the guy driving the F-350 on the ice, SLOW DOWN!!! Its not a freaking race and the ice was popping and crackling like crazy....

We were there for around 4.5 hours and only 2... does coal get any better than that in the winter? we were fishing the north end right across the lake from the white pumphouse...

Safety D
12-20-2010, 08:22 PM
i was out sleddin there other day. I talked to a couple fisherman. The one guys said " The fishing is Dead" i howled as he stole my saying.

FishingFrenzy
12-21-2010, 03:20 PM
Saftey D, It wasen't your twin brother??? wow... :D

Paul C
12-21-2010, 03:29 PM
i was out sleddin there other day. I talked to a couple fisherman. The one guys said " The fishing is Dead" i howled as he stole my saying.
Oh Ya ! Here we go again.