PDA

View Full Version : Jumbo perch

ben2012
12-20-2010, 06:56 PM
If anybody near summerside who has a membership and wants to go an catch jumbo perch between 10-15 inches that have been stocked in the lake the management wants you to keep the perch not the large rainbows the lake has still not figured out how to take out the perch so they are growing fast and there is plenty of them. They are usually in deep waters. Once the small ones start coming be patient because the jumbos will come soon after salmon eggs of shrimp. We caught a tone of jumbos today it felt like you were fighting a real big walleye but it was a giant perch we caught one 15.5 inches we have pictures of the 10 to 13 inches which were our first and the of course the battery has to run out so we could not take pictures of the bigger ones we threw them back in only because we want them to grow bigger imagine lots of people can't fish there wait 2 years they will be huge.

goober
12-20-2010, 07:02 PM
If anybody near summerside who has a membership and wants to go an catch jumbo perch between 10-15 inches that have been stocked in the lake the management wants you to keep the perch not the large rainbows the lake has still not figured out how to take out the perch so they are growing fast and there is plenty of them. They are usually in deep waters. Once the small ones start coming be patient because the jumbos will come soon after salmon eggs of shrimp. We caught a tone of jumbos today it felt like you were fighting a real big walleye but it was a giant perch we caught one 15.5 inches we have pictures of the 10 to 13 inches which were our first and the of course the battery has to run out so we could not take pictures of the bigger ones we threw them back in only because we want them to grow bigger imagine lots of people can't fish there wait 2 years they will be huge.

Keep throwing them back and in 2 years they will be a stunted pain in the but eating all of the rainbow's food!!

Walleye101
12-20-2010, 07:11 PM
You idiot!!!! they will ruin the trout population like they do to many other trout lakes!!! Imagine in 5 years how big those rainbows will be? Been stocking that lake since 2001. There are 8 pound Rainbows in there now. I live in Summerside and fish it regularly. I will leave all the Perch I catch on the ice for the birds. And they are no more than 5 inches right now.:mad0100::mad0100::mad0100:

Jwall03
12-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Are you talking about summer side near Edmonton?

chubbdarter
12-20-2010, 07:21 PM
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj134/azzrocket/oooo.jpg

sorry wrong thread...lol sorry

WalleyeMaster
12-20-2010, 07:34 PM
where is this lake? i ould like to catch some jumbos:sHa_shakeshout:

ben2012
12-20-2010, 07:35 PM
If you went out to the deer areas then you will catch those perch I promise you that when I catch one tomorrow then I will take a picture and put it on the window at the front desk and these perch get eaten by the trout andthw smaller perch get eaten by the larger ones so it's okay for now ad that lake is stupid for not taking them out yet unless they want to keep them there

Walleye101
12-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Ok bud. You take a picture of one of those jumbo's with the beach clubhouse in the back ground.

vettedreamer
12-20-2010, 07:44 PM
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj134/azzrocket/oooo.jpg

sorry wrong thread...lol sorry

bahahahahahahahahahaha good one :party0052:

ben2012
12-20-2010, 07:48 PM
I will and even if the wiped the population out those perch will come back soon so the best thing is to stock it with some like and kill the trout

Badback
12-20-2010, 07:52 PM
If anybody near summerside who has a membership and wants to go an catch jumbo perch between 10-15 inches that have been stocked in the lake the management wants you to keep the perch not the large rainbows the lake has still not figured out how to take out the perch so they are growing fast and there is plenty of them..

Give Sundancefisher a pm on how to handle this problem....Lake Sundance in Calgary has netted out over 60,000 perch in the last two years...The check out my video on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voAsscDkozc to see what can happen to a lake with perch and no predators...

chubbdarter
12-20-2010, 07:55 PM
bahahahahahahahahahaha good one :party0052:

couldnt figure out how to delete it....lol

p.s that perch is from travers

trophybook
12-20-2010, 09:35 PM
whats the limit there?

J-C
12-20-2010, 10:01 PM
whats the limit there?

Its a private pond. You need a membership and as far as i know, private ponds can set their own regulations. Correct me if I'm wrong.

ben2012
12-20-2010, 10:32 PM
The perch are about 9-10 inches right now and you can catch them anywhere in the lake I'll post some pictures tomorow.

BuckHunterBowen
12-21-2010, 12:22 AM
how does one get this membership??

J-C
12-21-2010, 01:50 AM

I think you need to be a resident but residents are allowed to bring guests.

goober
12-21-2010, 05:27 AM

Buy a house there and the membership is free.

Geezle
12-21-2010, 07:18 AM
I will and even if the wiped the population out those perch will come back soon so the best thing is to stock it with some like and kill the trout

Seriously...?

pophouseman
12-21-2010, 09:00 AM
You have to buy a house in summerside and pay a yearly fee of $360 to have lake acess. well worth it in my opinion. I fished summerside 20+ times this summer and this post is for surely not true. The perch are not by any means Jumbo. they are average only. Don't try too hard to get out on summerside hoping for jumbo perch. they are not there. it seems convienent he has NO photos.

Wazzy
12-21-2010, 12:43 PM
The perch are definately not "jumbo." I have been out many times this winter and caught many throughout the summer on the flyrod. There are literally "millions" of perch in there that average about 8-10 inches. The problem is in order to get these you need to weed through 50 or 60 4-6 inchers. biggest one I've seen yet was caught yesterday and taped at 12 inches. therese are definately not the norm. We had the camera out and its pretty clear the perch have pretty much "taken over." A real shame because the trout fishing used to be fantastic. I would encourage anyone thats out on Summerside to kill/keep all perch caught.

Wazzy

diamonddave
12-21-2010, 12:52 PM
The original post sounds like the rambeling of a man off his meds........

bukwild
12-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Wazzy, I'm in your area and willin to help you out with your perch problem. PM me anytime.

italk2u
12-21-2010, 02:11 PM
If anybody near summerside who has a membership and wants to go an catch jumbo perch between 10-15 inches that have been stocked in the lake the management wants you to keep the perch not the large rainbows the lake has still not figured out how to take out the perch so they are growing fast and there is plenty of them.

Get your facts straight Ben..they were not "stocked". They were illegally dumped by members of the bucket brigade.:mad0100:

BuckHunterBowen
12-21-2010, 02:14 PM
and the only way to get them out is a massive derby where everyone is welcome, most fish takes the W.

turnitloose
12-21-2010, 02:36 PM
The original post sounds like the rambeling of a man off his meds........

2x

npauls
12-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Im with you on that one about having a big alberta outdoorsman derby and clean the place out. Just make it so all trout have to be released and all perch much be kept and killed. Sundance does this once and awhile as a family fun fish which would probably be just as good or better. Get all the kids out there to have a good time on a nice sunny day.

Nate