PDA

View Full Version : pinehurst

pikehunter1989
12-21-2010, 06:47 AM
so im off all of next week and plan on trying to head out to pinehurst. ive never fished it before but hear there is some very good sized pike in there. anyways any advice on relative locations would be great. and also how is the ice? anyone driving on? any spots i need to watch out for on this lake? not looking for anyones hot spots or anything just want to add a new lake to the list so any info to get a guy started would be great

Kim473
12-21-2010, 07:36 AM
You may have to waite for more ice as its a very big lake. But north and east of the campground in the summer is what I have found. If you knew where the sunkin island was that would probly be the best spot. Too hard to explain where it is, GPS would help.

Penner
12-21-2010, 01:04 PM
I have not been up that way this year, so just guessing, the ice thickness should be fine with the temperatures they had. I suspect upwards of 1.5ft thick or more already.

Hopefully someone has an up-to-date snow fall report. I heard that the Cold Lake / Lac La Biche area received a big dump of snow over the past few weeks. Weight of the snow on the ice may cause surface flooding making it brutal to get around on even just walking or with sleds.

pikehunter1989
12-21-2010, 01:33 PM
ok thanks for the info guys. hopefully someone has been out there and can give me some better info..

as for the sunken island i have no idea where it is. i have never been to this lake but really want to give it a try this year.

Safety D
12-21-2010, 06:12 PM
pinehurst is another lake that was awesome 15 years ago for ice fishing. It gets deader and deader as the years go by. it will have alot of snow on it right now and be tough to get around. It definately has some nice pike and walleye in it though. good luck

perchfinder
12-21-2010, 06:37 PM
p.m sent