PDA

View Full Version : Truck down in cold lake.

lemmotlow
12-21-2010, 04:10 PM
With the many threads about guys fishing on Cold Lake this year , please be warned a truck has gone down in the Frenchbay area, this has been confirmed by a call to the Cold Lake fws office. The lake has 6ins of snow and without -25-35 temps it will not make ice. Walking is even iffy, in front of kinosu beach ice is only 3-4 ins with large areas of flood water weaking the ice even further.

DeanP
12-21-2010, 04:57 PM
I was out in French bay today and I didn't see any truck or anything that had a big hole in the ice. We walked out from the beach parking area(?)(not at the boat launch) to the point where at least a half dozen folks were. We drilled through about 10" of good clear ice. There was a quad out there...I sure wouldn't drive on it yet, not unless it is about 3ft thick...maybe in Feb.

chubbdarter
12-21-2010, 04:57 PM
im not picking sides but this world has become a chit show run by lawyers.....after many law suits.....it now says extremely hot on coffee cups you get at alot of fast food resturaunts........duh!!!!!!!!!!!!

lemmotlow
12-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Good thinking , stay off till at least 14ins of ice.:sHa_shakeshout:

diamonddave
12-21-2010, 05:38 PM
In 35's defence he reported 7-8 inches of ice with flood water on cold lake. Not sure which post you are giving him a blast about??
Regardless everybody who goes out on the ice is risking a potential fall threw the ice and everybody is responsible for their own actions. Thick ice is never a garranty, and good solid ice is unpredictable at best.

New Hunter Okotoks
12-21-2010, 06:26 PM
You could possibly be sued. Save your great stories for 2 weeks.:fighting0074:

Please everyone, keep the ice reports coming; they are very helpful.

Just be sure to put a disclaimer at the end of your posts to Lemmotlow that the ice is NEVER safe and any and all activities should be avoided on the lake all year long.

usie33
12-21-2010, 06:38 PM
When I read "7-8" with flood water" as 35 whelen quotes in his post there's no way I would drive on the ice. I would cautiously walk out as he also states. Why could he be sued for someone not using their own judgement.

This forum is an oppinion and experiences site. If you want to drive your vehichle on the ice you should be checking the ice YOURSELF.

You are reponsible for your actions

x2

Albertadiver
12-21-2010, 06:38 PM

Are you daft?? Sheesh, no wonder why the fishing section has so many problems.... :snapoutofit:

People are responsible for thier own actions. If a person does anything he sees or hears about on the internet, that's his own Darwin award in the making.

The guy posted what his observations were. Enough ice to be worth checking out, but people are still responsible for thier own actions. If the report was 4" of ice, maybe some folks would re-think the long drive up there. That's the value of this site.

perchfinder
12-21-2010, 06:50 PM
:party0052:

seen a 3' ice heave develop overnight on a lake on the main path of travel. Use your own judgement and ride at your own risk is the saying right?

montec
12-21-2010, 06:51 PM
I was out there to and I measur 9 inches I was on my quad ice was good . But I would not drive a vehicle out there

hughes
12-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Are you daft?? Sheesh, no wonder why the fishing section has so many problems.... :snapoutofit:

People are responsible for thier own actions. If a person does anything he sees or hears about on the internet, that's his own Darwin award in the making.

The guy posted what his observations were. Enough ice to be worth checking out, but people are still responsible for thier own actions. If the report was 4" of ice, maybe some folks would re-think the long drive up there. That's the value of this site.

X2, enough of the idiots out there wanting someone to hold their hand through life

chubbdarter
12-21-2010, 07:04 PM
i think in this world of crybaby bedwetters you can be sued for calling someone 'daft'..................lmfao

chubbdarter
12-21-2010, 07:13 PM
here's the general guidlines from a lawyer
if its just the printed word liabilty would be hard to prove.....he relates it to, if someone posted a stock tip, you cant sue the tipster if its NFG
but on the other hand if 2 buddies go fishing and assures the passenger all will be well and things go south on the ice...it does open a possibilty for legal acton.

lemmotlow
12-21-2010, 07:14 PM
I guess all you guys are heading out in the morning.

New Hunter Okotoks
12-21-2010, 07:17 PM
I guess all you guys are heading out in the morning.

Are you saying that the roads are OK to travel on. If any of us gets in an accident you might be held liable.

lemmotlow
12-21-2010, 07:25 PM
Give your head a shake, would you tell anyone to go out on unsafe ice?

chubbdarter
12-21-2010, 07:36 PM
I gotta grow up.....cuz im lmfao at this chit-show thread.....bahawawwawa

BuckHunterBowen
12-21-2010, 07:39 PM
when did anyone tell people too go out on thin ice??? get a quote chief. :shark:

New Hunter Okotoks
12-21-2010, 07:57 PM

No, I would not tell anyone to go out on thin ice and neither did the other 2 guys you accused of jeopardizing people's safety. I have not seen a single post from anybody on AOF telling people to drive their trucks around on lakes because they are safe to do so.

chubbdarter
12-21-2010, 07:59 PM
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj134/azzrocket/Ice_report_120705_thin_ice.jpg
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj134/azzrocket/4CAK969W5CAESQ0HYCA89RLW1CAACBPXACAEWP0IRCA016VSXC A4SQVTACARPED6HCAWFIGEYCAHPFX99CALIU9WVCA2COGMACAZ 47LGMCAS8NAINCA80AY7ZCADYWHGYCAEGUSVPCAP.jpg

lemmotlow
12-21-2010, 08:02 PM
That's what i thought.

RedHeadedFisherman
12-21-2010, 08:18 PM
not to start any Sh*tkikin, but as not having been to Cold Lake, would the base personal help out if a Truck/quad/ person went thru???

whats the standard way to get a truck out of the lake?
thanks
RHF

splake0
12-21-2010, 08:39 PM
With the many threads about guys fishing on Cold Lake this year , please be warned a truck has gone down in the Frenchbay area, this has been confirmed by a call to the Cold Lake fws office. The lake has 6ins of snow and without -25-35 temps it will not make ice. Walking is even iffy, in front of kinosu beach ice is only 3-4 ins with large areas of flood water weaking the ice even further. 35whelan and splakeo use a brian how would you guys feel if someone would lose there lives by listening to your advice.Luckly no one was injured is this mishap.:sign0176:

First of all your nuts. The ice is never predictable and is never 100% safe. Ask the ice road truckers. But if you had a brain and looked up safe ice conditions you will see that your nuts (4 inches is safe for walking). Stay at home cuddle up with your mummy and suck your pacifier. Leave the fishing to the men.

http://gf.nd.gov/education/ice-brochure.html

foxracing_23
12-21-2010, 08:39 PM

You should move to the states and live with like-minded people. It is everyones own responsibility/problem if they dont check the ice. If I said there was 19" on pigeon and I stayed in my camper truck on the ice would you drive out without checking? Probably, then you would try to sue me.

mooseknuckle
12-21-2010, 09:06 PM

No one did!!! where are you getting this crap from? Holy cow dude so now your saying don't post ice conditions? So lake X I drove on had 15" ice I drove on had a great day I post it and the next day some guy heads left instead of right falls through and I have a potential law suit on my hands??? Wow man you really need a hobby or something else to do with your life, you statements are rediculous.

fickell
12-21-2010, 09:27 PM
No one did!!! where are you getting this crap from? Holy cow dude so now your saying don't post ice conditions? So lake X I drove on had 15" ice I drove on had a great day I post it and the next day some guy heads left instead of right falls through and I have a potential law suit on my hands??? Wow man you really need a hobby or something else to do with your life, you statements are rediculous.

x2

gramps73
12-21-2010, 09:29 PM
First of all your nuts. The ice is never predictable and is never 100% safe. Ask the ice road truckers. But if you had a brain and looked up safe ice conditions you will see that your nuts (4 inches is safe for walking). Stay at home cuddle up with your mummy and suck your pacifier. Leave the fishing to the men.

http://gf.nd.gov/education/ice-brochure.html

Hay Slake don't hold back let us know how you really feel..

Rockymtnx
12-21-2010, 11:19 PM
Come on boys grow up.

harrydude
12-21-2010, 11:49 PM
OMG my ice in my drink melted......who am I gunna sue

lolololol

Alberta Bigbore
12-21-2010, 11:50 PM

Im gonna have to sue you for the 20 seconds back it took me to read this thread.

In todays world i can see it happening , i wonder if 35whelan saw where the truck went in? Would this make him liable ? :fighting0074:And by the way the fish he was holding up was not even legal. I am sure he realeased it.

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/mojobass/faaaacepalm.jpg

Raven
12-22-2010, 12:39 AM

http://www.4freeimagehost.com/resized/c512e038f0b3.jpg

lemmotlow
12-22-2010, 07:21 AM
Classy private message slakeo , is that a threat ?

Geezle
12-22-2010, 07:25 AM
Classy private message slakeo , is that a threat ?

Classy yourself.

Still don't see anything where either of the guys you took a stab at told people to drive on questionable ice...:thinking-006:

lemmotlow
12-22-2010, 07:31 AM
I still wonder if they saw where the truck went in.You have to understand they did say they were fishing in the frenchbay area , that is the location of the incident. The ice is not safe.....

Geezle
12-22-2010, 07:41 AM
I still wonder if they saw where the truck went in.You have to understand they did say they were fishing in the frenchbay area , that is the location of the incident. The ice is not safe.....

Ok, it took a little searching for me to find the thread in question.

After reading it, I see that in places the ice is 7" and there's a lot of flood water. I also see that they were walking/quadding out, which I believe is reasonable on 7" (not sure about the flood ice though). I didn't see them suggesting that anybody drive on the ice.

And to put things in perspective, I posted that I was out on Chickacoo a month ago on 3" of ice. Was that horribly irresponsible of me? Would it have been worth it for somebody to openly take a shot at me for doing so?

Seems like you posted enough in that thread that the ice isn't safe...was there really a need for this one slagging those guys? If you have that big of a problem with them, why not send them a PM regarding it...and KEEP IT IN A PM instead of dragging it back onto the forum.

Really...

35 whelen
12-22-2010, 08:14 AM
just to let you know lemmotlow there were two trucks driving on the lake as we were walking out on sat i would not be surprised if it was one of those trucks that went through and as we left for the day two more trucks were driveing on lake to ski hill .as far as this post i done and will keep posting ice conditions this winter for who ever to read anywhey i am off fishing HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL

splake0
12-22-2010, 08:43 AM
I have enclosed the link to the tread that lemmnuts is referring to, read for yourself and see who is nuts.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=75684

lemmotlow
12-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Name calling , you must be the pride of your squadron.

Okotokian
12-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Jeeze, before I only had two reasons for never bothering to ice fish...

1) Fear of boredom

2) Worry about ice thickness.

After reading this thread I think I have a third... :argue2::scared0018:
LOL

chubbdarter
12-22-2010, 02:02 PM
we need a rep button.............lol

Darren N
12-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Jeeze, before I only had two reasons for never bothering to ice fish...

1) Fear of boredom

2) Worry about ice thickness.

After reading this thread I think I have a third... :argue2::scared0018:
LOL

Man that was funny! lol Especially if you look at your picture of Bubbles contemplating his thoughts. Anyway i share your thoughts. PS I also thought it was funny the guy aboved metioned about the icy roads. Just having a crappy day at work. Thank goodness for this thread.

nicemustang
12-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Sounds like someone is jealous about the fish caught and trying to keep people of the ice. Very childish. One more added to my ignore list.

Okotokian
12-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Danger Will Robinson... DANGER!

-for the other old geezers ;) LOL

Morbius131
12-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Enough is enough!

Morb