PDA

View Full Version : Devils Lake, Jackfish lake

Fishingguy001
12-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Finnaly got my kids for holidays. Going to take them fishing on boxing day. Has anyone been to either lake this year. What are the conditions like?

italk2u
12-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Devil's would be a good bet to stay off of until atleast mid-January...too many springs to take a chance on driving on it.....you could walk on probably, but it has been getting progressively worse for ice fishing over the past few years.

Kim473
12-23-2010, 06:58 AM
I would not go to either one. Think there is better fishing in a lot of other lakes. If you can drive for a ways Carson is the place for the kids to have a lot of fun. Don't know what the ice is like at Wabmun but you could have fun there with big pike C&R only. Some of the trout lakes west of ED could be very good as well. Don't think the perch are biteing at Isle yet and they are hard to find. Im gonna try to hit up Pigeon over the holidays. Think the Whites might turn on there.

Geezle
12-23-2010, 07:15 AM
I would not go to either one. Think there is better fishing in a lot of other lakes. If you can drive for a ways Carson is the place for the kids to have a lot of fun. Don't know what the ice is like at Wabmun but you could have fun there with big pike C&R only. Some of the trout lakes west of ED could be very good as well. Don't think the perch are biteing at Isle yet and they are hard to find. Im gonna try to hit up Pigeon over the holidays. Think the Whites might turn on there.

The ice at Wab is good for walking on, but I wouldn't drive on for at least a few more weeks...especially with the amount of snow on it now. Ice is relatively thick 8-12" but quality is questionable...couple inches of flood ice on top in places, and very bubbly ice in others.

Safety D
12-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Devils is D____ well you know

Alberta Bigbore
12-23-2010, 11:25 AM
x2 ... deader than a doornail ;)

take em to Wabby and put some tip ups down for pike. I can give you directions to some a good area to hook up with some big Esox

Fishingguy001
12-23-2010, 12:20 PM
Thanks guys might try wab. is the boat launch west of the town of wab still a good spot for lots of pike.

Alberta Bigbore
12-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks guys might try wab. is the boat launch west of the town of wab still a good spot for lots of pike.

there are much much better with less people.. PM me and ill tell you some info that might put you and your kiddies into some nice pike. Anything to get kids into fishing action

dezmo
12-23-2010, 03:21 PM
:bad_boys_20:the fishing there is good and u shouldnt get skunked