PDA

View Full Version : Jensen Reservoir

Maverick112
12-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Anyone been out to Jensen Reservoir, if so what side of the lake were you on, and what did you use for the pike?

Maverick112

npauls
12-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Where are you from Mav?

I seen that pic of the pike you caught this summer and also see that you want info. on jensen.

If you are looking for some decent pike spots around Lethbridge I can give you a few over pm to try and get a big gurl through the ice.

Nate

Maverick112
12-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Yeah ok im from Calgary, though. But i really want to find a good pike ice fishing place around here, and maybe catch a 10+ pounder.

npauls
12-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Hit up travers right by the boat launch in the provincial park. You could get yourself into something alot bigger then 10lbs. Just make sure your tip ups and jigging rods are rigged for a big gator or you may be disappointed if one breaks you off. Also make sure your tip ups have quick strike rigs with really big baits on them laying on the bottom or very close to it.

Nate

chubbdarter
12-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Hit up travers right by the boat launch in the provincial park. You could get yourself into something alot bigger then 10lbs. Just make sure your tip ups and jigging rods are rigged for a big gator or you may be disappointed if one breaks you off. Also make sure your tip ups have quick strike rigs with really big baits on them laying on the bottom or very close to it.

Nate

yes sir... travers is my suggestion also....lots of good spots on that lake

Maverick112
12-22-2010, 04:09 PM
thanks ill have to try that out, hope i catch a big one:sHa_shakeshout:

Lethbridge_1
01-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Participated in the Magrath deer cull today and drove to Jensen to wash my hands and check to see if anyone was at the lake. No snow, ice looked to be melting against the shore and there was flood water at least 8" deep out to at least 25 feet from shore. I didn't have an auger or venture out to check out thick the ice really was. I did not see any holes either, has anyone been out lately? Are the whitefish biting yet?

If it doesn't snow TOO badly this weekend and the if the wind stays down, I will try to get out for a few hours on Sunday to see if anything is biting.