PDA

View Full Version : North Buck Report

Walleye101
12-22-2010, 07:12 PM
We went to North Buck yesterday. Wanted to fish by the islands on the north east arm but there was 6" of flood water and 20 feet of snow. Had to settle for the big bay on the south east part of the lake. We got out about 100 yards from shore and caught one perch and 3 small pike. Lots of work and cold weather. Thankfully we had the tent and heater. The ice was about 8". Impossible to drive on due to the large amounts of snow.

chubbdarter
12-22-2010, 07:15 PM
We went to North Buck yesterday. Wanted to fish by the islands on the north east arm but there was 6" of flood water and 20 feet of snow. Had to settle for the big bay on the south east part of the lake. We got out about 100 yards from shore and caught one perch and 3 small pike. Lots of work and cold weather. Thankfully we had the tent and heater. The ice was about 8". Impossible to drive on due to the large amounts of snow.

20 feet of snow!!!!!!!!!! im taking my mtn. sled there on the week end Boyaah

Alberta Bigbore
12-23-2010, 11:43 AM

You should have came in from Chump lake, and fished by Golden Noddin, walk down to the launch, and take a 45 degress sprint to the right. Some good weed bed in that area for the perch... once safe to drive on.... keep going towards the big brown/log cabin waaaay up on the hill in that same direction, if its still there... never have i ever caught so many quality perch in one area that in that area. I hate driving on that lake though.

20 feet of snow!!!!!!!!!! im taking my mtn. sled there on the week end Boyaah

Fill yer boots!! There is some awesome trails around the lake in all directions. I know that are well

Walleye101
12-23-2010, 12:54 PM
There was way too much snow on the ice for driving on, let alone all the flood water. The cold weather hampered our ability to move around. But if you have a snowmobile i'm sure you could get into some quality Perch!