PDA

View Full Version : NT,Enterprise,Hay River,Ft. Providence

Rackaddict
12-22-2010, 09:14 PM
Good Day,fellow anglers,I'm heading up north of Sixty to do some Mulching work in Enterprise on the 27th of this month,Hoping someone may have some advice on Tactics and Tackle for ice fishing in this area,I know theres some fatties lurking in these waters,thanks,Good Luck,Happy Holiday Fishing Season to all!

Grizzly
12-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Hey there.
I used to live in Yellowknife as a young buck. Ice fishing can be terribly tough as you are looking at 3ft + ice. If you have an extension or 2 for your auger you should be fine though.

Walleye seem to like to hit anything white.
And laker's will hit above average jigging spoons. I would look for a spoon called The Wolverine Phantom, it was developed in Yellowknife at the Wolverine sporting goods store. But i am sure you can find them in Hay River aswell..

Tip ups with smelts or herring will also work for lakers and pike.

I dont know of many lakes south of Yellowknife, but if you can get to the East Arm on great slave lake you are sure to catch some very nice lakers no matter what season!

Good Luck!

pickrel pat
12-23-2010, 05:46 PM
used to go to ft. prov every summer and boat downstream to ( the hole) no word of a lie.... pike averaged 10 lbs! with lotsa 20-30lbsers. love the mckenzie river! only in summer.