PDA

View Full Version : The Fishin Hole - Great service!

rustynailz
12-23-2010, 11:09 AM
Picked up a new Marcum vs620 from TFH in Calgary last week. Had a short in the cable where it connects to the camera. Brought it back in, and they swapped out the entire unit for a new one and gave me a free motorized panner for the camera as that's now being offered with them.

First rate service. Well worth the drive from the south.

ORV
12-23-2010, 11:13 AM
on my way there this aft.
i have always had great service there as well.

Alberta Bigbore
12-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Ill admit the Calgary store is a good one to shop at. Also Edmonton's southside. Jerry is top notch to deal with

rclegg
12-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Agreed. THe Fishing hole is fantastic!!!

Alberta Bigbore
12-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Agreed. THe Fishing hole is fantastic!!!

not alwaysdepending on location, i hated the west ed mall store only cuz of the bald guy that stunk like B.O., such an ignorant guy. But Randy in that store was a super good dude

linger
12-23-2010, 01:41 PM
i couldn.t agree more that bald guy is pretty ignorant north side great guys southside greatguys wem ???? just close it down nothing anyway.:(

Dead Moose
12-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Bill (the Store Mgr) in Calgary is a great guy and a very knowledgeable flyfisherman. His attitude must rub off on the rest of the staff as they are very helpful too.

Drano
12-23-2010, 04:50 PM
very informative sales people there thats for sure

Safety D
12-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Gotta love the hole. i worked there years back and always helped people out. They really appreciated being put on spots that had fish plus i think i fished more then the rest of the staff put together. Got some smokin good deals on gear. I loaded up at the time....

chubbdarter
12-23-2010, 06:29 PM
bunch of donut gobbling fuggs.....lol.....but the best guys in the biz

iliketrout
12-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Bill and Kel are both great guys to chat with and tell fishing stories (i.e. lies) with. My new job has me about 2 mins from the Calgary store and I must be in there at least 2 out of the 5 days of the work week!

chubbdarter
12-23-2010, 09:35 PM
Bill-Norman

greylynx
12-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Remember you guys, Sunday is the Boxing Day Sale.

Take your inventory at home in the next two days and see what has to be replaced.

Please note that I do not work for the Fishin Hole in any capacity.

gl2
12-23-2010, 11:35 PM
i agree the store is great and the people are awesome!!, bought a lowrance x67c there today and am very happy.

Geezle
12-24-2010, 07:34 AM
Ill admit the Calgary store is a good one to shop at. Also Edmonton's southside. Jerry is top notch to deal with

I agree about the South Edmonton location...the guys that work there rock! Occasionally I'll go in there pretty much just to BS with 'em for a bit :)

The North location is pretty good too...they seem to know their stuff, though I haven't been going there as long so I don't know the guys as well.

No idea about the store in the West Ed...I try to avoid that mall at all costs :scared:

Rumtan
12-24-2010, 08:38 AM
The guys at the southside store have always been supportive of the Make-A-Wish fishing events we host. I cant say enough about how helpful they have been to us. Keep up the good work guys !

FishingFrenzy
12-24-2010, 09:36 AM
Gotta love the hole. i worked there years back and always helped people out. They really appreciated being put on spots that had fish plus i think i fished more then the rest of the staff put together. Got some smokin good deals on gear. I loaded up at the time....

They must have appreciated knowing where was DEAD and where was ALIVE

WayneChristie
12-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Ive always had great service at the Lethbridge store fishing department. Doesnt hurt that one of them is a member here.

gl2
12-24-2010, 12:14 PM
Ive always had great service at the Lethbridge store fishing department. Doesnt hurt that one of them is a member here.

fishin hole in lethbridge???

gramps73
12-24-2010, 12:45 PM
I think he means wholes sale..
No fishin hole in lethbridge...

gl2
12-24-2010, 01:01 PM
thanks. i can say that between fishin hole and wholesale in calgary there is no question FISHIN HOLE ALL THE WAY!!

jts1
12-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Great place and top shelf people for sure.

WayneChristie
12-24-2010, 06:02 PM
I think he means wholes sale..
No fishin hole in lethbridge...

wishful thinking!!! you would be correct sir, and the sad thing is I havent even had a drink yet!!! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Shiami
12-24-2010, 09:15 PM
I'll throw in another vote for the Edmonton Southside Fishin' hole.

I was in there this past summer to buy some weights, I was learning to fish the river. You'd think this would be a 15 minute transaction, even taking into account the fact I'd be wandering cluelessly for a bit.

The staff asked me what I was up to, and I related my plan to try fishing the river and see what I could get up to. They brought out a map of the river, and we started going over spots that might be productive and I got a few really handy pointers. Given the (understandable) tendancy for fishermen/women to keep their holes to themselves, I was kinda shocked at this overwhelming display of generosity. (But also pleased to hear that the area I'd chosen was considered a good location)

The happy ending to this story is that I went out, and caught my first Walleye (the day after running my first half marathon. Oh what a weekend!). Incidentally, I outfished the boyfriend who'd spent the week out at a family reuinion at the Big Whiteshell lodge fishing resort in Manitoba. We both caught one fish. My walleye was bigger than his pike, and I was the only one with photos!

The happy ending for the store is that I was back two weeks later to drop $150 in gear. (I'd also wanted to learn to fly fish!) And knowing me, I'll probably be back yet AGAIN in the next week or so to source some ice fishing gear. :D

Big Red 250
12-24-2010, 10:10 PM
I was in the Fishin Hole on 51st for the first time in my life a couple of days ago and the 2 guy's who were helping me were great. One of them even opened up the box a manual ice-auger was in to measure it for me to see if it would fit in a suitcase for my flight home after the holidays.