PDA

View Full Version : questions on underwater cameras??

Trey
12-24-2010, 12:41 AM
i hear all you guys on here talking about the fish you seen on your cameras. sounds like a fun tool to help you along.

my questions are as follows; where can i get one, and how much am i looking at spending here?? how do the work ive never even seen one? (im assuming there is a line of some sort with camera on one end and screen on the other) how heavy are these things? and would they be cheaper in the spring or summer? oh and does brand name matter?

chubbdarter
12-24-2010, 12:58 AM
i hear all you guys on here talking about the fish you seen on your cameras. sounds like a fun tool to help you along.

my questions are as follows; where can i get one, and how much am i looking at spending here?? how do the work ive never even seen one? (im assuming there is a line of some sort with camera on one end and screen on the other) how heavy are these things? and would they be cheaper in the spring or summer? oh and does brand name matter?

check the fishin hole website for models and prices
yes there is a cable
wgt depends on model and length of cable
brand is personal choice....but marcum does use sony cam technology and their color monitor looks really good

horsetrader
12-24-2010, 01:18 AM
I'm have an aqua vu 7" love it weighs 12 lbs complete The Reel Dr has Aqua vu in stock and does repairs on the spot

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
12-24-2010, 02:37 AM
I got a Cabela's Advantage camera i think they call it and its the Cats meaw . I think its as good as the Aqua vus for a quarter of the price . Not to mention even with shipping you can get them on sale and depending on the sale the camera could cost a quarter of what an aqua vu cost . I have the 8 in screen i think it is , and got it on sale for 60 dollars about 5 years ago .

huntsfurfish
12-24-2010, 05:48 AM
There are several very recent threads on this subject. If you do a search, you can find additional info.

Price range from about $125.00ish to $720.00 + tax.

I have 3
Marcum VS825SD
Marcum 820
Aqua Vu Scout

Best feature about the Aqua vu is that you can/could buy an inline recorder for them. ( I have one ) but not sure if they are still available.

PS WSS was cheaper when I bought mine so check around(825).

grice
12-24-2010, 07:33 AM
Try kijiji, found mine for $180.00

nicemustang
12-24-2010, 03:14 PM
I will sell you a 5" fish tv with 100' cable upgrade for cheap.

handicap
12-24-2010, 03:44 PM
I purchase one on sale a Cabelas US for $84 (reg$129) after shipping it was $111..only has a 5" screen I use the kids LCD portable DVD 8" and its awesome...
You don't need to spend alot of money on these units mine does the job perfectly well...

Trey
12-25-2010, 12:27 AM
ya i dont have alot of cash to spend in the first place. im laid off right now

Trey
12-25-2010, 12:28 AM
I will sell you a 5" fish tv with 100' cable upgrade for cheap.

how cheap is cheap there mustang? pm me