PDA

View Full Version : Gull Lake

handicap
12-24-2010, 09:39 AM
I was wondering how Gull is producing? Is there any nice size perch in there I am taking my family out on Sunday. What about ice condition(thickness) is it good for driving on yet and where abouts can you access the lake...

go-big-or-go-home
12-24-2010, 09:59 AM
I was out there couple weeks ago. Walked on at first and after punching some holes, the ice was in the 12-15 range so i went back and got my Jimmy on. Saw a few whites, 2 pike, 1 burb, and zero perch in Birch Bay. Did manage to ice 2 whites tho, this being one.

Heading out the door in couple mins to head back out there for a few hours .. not really looking forward to the wind in Red Deer, hopfully its nice on the lake but i doubt it

handicap
12-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Thats a nice white you got there...Please keep me posted on how you made out..Were about do you access the lake?:bad_boys_20:

PERCHY
12-24-2010, 10:08 AM
you can get to the lake through wilsons campground...i went yesterday and the fishing was slow, but im going back out in about 2 hrs hopefully itll pick up. The ice is 15 inches there and there are some trucks out there but i'd still drill holes before you go just so you know for yourself.

go-big-or-go-home
12-24-2010, 10:09 AM
Oh ya sorry pal. There a lots of spots to get on via the west side of the lake, between parkland and birch bay you will see a spots to get on, heck if i could remember range roads and what have, but you will see spots

handicap
12-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the info guys. Good luck out there today with that wind I hope you have a hut or something to hide in.:fighting0074: I'll be out there Sunday and then try Pigeon on Monday....Tight lines:sign0068:
:bad_boys_20:

go-big-or-go-home
12-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Was out in Birch Bay again today. Ice was still plenty thick to drive on. Caught only a few decent perch, but seen lots of small ones. Only seen one white. Hope someone had a more productive day then i lol