PDA

View Full Version : buck lake tips

alodar
12-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Hey does anyone have any tips for hard water fishing out on south buck ill be heading out in the morning any info would be greatly appreciated post here or pm me thanks all and merry christmas

EDMfishing
12-25-2010, 10:02 PM
I was also planning on head out there aswell buck lake on highway 13, never been ice fishing there, so i would also greatly appreciate any tips, also ice thickness perhaps?

alodar
12-26-2010, 05:45 PM
Well no luck at south buck today

EDMfishing
12-26-2010, 07:06 PM
I too had no luck the fish just didnt seem hungry, look at the hooks n swim away:confused:.... Saw some nice jacks definately woulda been keeper size, but they werent buying what i was sellin... Also saw a few monster perch, sadly also not buying :( but one of them were definately the largest perch ive seen it looked like a 4lb walleye :scared0018: ... saw a large burbot cruising the bottom, and had a muskrat use one of our holes to grab some air:confused:

alodar
12-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Where about were u fishing. I was at the north end of the lake I don't know if I was near fish cuz I don't have a camera

EDMfishing
12-26-2010, 07:24 PM
I don have a camera either, just saw them all through the ice, lil buggers.. i was fishing all over trying to find them, drivin the tan tribute with the red eskimo quikfish3 tent, started around the park area, saw 1 jack, and had the muskrat try to invade our tent, moved along the shore to the large weedbed point(guessing north from the park), saw 1 more jack, moved across the lake (south from the park)to a bay / weedbed, saw monster perch n burbot... guessing because i was not paying much attention lol... Saw alot of people out there though, even a big yukon driving clear across the middle of the lake... i chose to stick closer to shore....

EDMfishing
12-26-2010, 07:25 PM
oooo the park was calhoon bay.. just remembered