PDA

View Full Version : Dec 26 Gull

handicap
12-26-2010, 08:37 PM
Was out at Gull today brutally slow 1 perch 1 snake. Did anyone manage to catch anything?

JessePat
12-26-2010, 08:56 PM
I was at Birchbay and I was going after whitefish. A couple of people caught one or two, but I didn't even see one swim by. I saw a pretty nice Burb cruise by though

d9donny
12-27-2010, 10:36 AM
Lots of whites on gull. Perch fishing good too. COpper ww for whites. We limited out on 26th in about an hour and a half on whites, two of us. Some big burbs down there. tossed a 30" back, smallest I had seen over past week. Am targeting them this afternoon will post pics if any found. Small softail green or orange jig bin working for perch. Permanent shack in Birch bay, Grey canvas if your in the area and the kubota parked near say hello.

Logan
12-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Gull Lake white fishing has been garbage the last 5-7 years in comparison to what it was, now you work all day to catch 2 maybe 3 whites before you could limit out in 2-3 hours IF you wanted too. Then too many of the old timers around there caught their limits and never limited their catch.

If I had a dollar for every time one of the local retirees told me "i have a freezer full of whitefish at home" as they pack up 5 more they don't need. :angry3:

Sorry to derail your post abit, but yes I have been finding it slow and its usually slow from this time of year till mid-Feb then things start rolling again. I generally target Ling & Perch when I head there these days though.

kaleh01
12-27-2010, 04:11 PM
I also limited out on whites with my partner on the 26th. Caught a few small pike (non-targets) and several small perch (6-7 inchers). I'm smoking my second batch of whites from Gull already this season, it's been great for me so far. Only seen one decent pike and caught one burb on the tip-up in two trips though. Going back ont he 29th again. Grey 2011 GMC with a green Eskimo shack, stop and say hi.

pikeman06
12-27-2010, 04:35 PM
went out to same spot i tried before xmas got two whites and the flu. first guy on the lake one of the last to leave. only saw 5 whites all day long. way too much traffic for me and the whites i think. time to do more exploring i guess. good luck every body. one good hit on the tip up this time as well.

Safety D
12-27-2010, 06:19 PM
I cant agree with Logan any more. 7 to 10 years ago it was great. Now its pretty dead for the most part. You have to work hard for a few !!!!