PDA

View Full Version : A little rant

jts1
12-28-2010, 03:55 PM
:stressed: I would just like to say thank you to the arshole who stole my tent, my auger and my heater. I hope you sir catch syphilis and die a slow painful death. Just cant believe some people and the nerve they have. Its frickin Xmas time and you are out stealing from someone. Funny part is I am the type of guy that would have let you borrow it if you had just asked. So I guess I am in the market for new stuff IE Tent and auger. If you have a line on one please let me know. With Xmas just past the cheaper the better.

diamonddave
12-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Wow from your House???? Ballsy!! P.M incoming:)

RiverRat
12-28-2010, 04:08 PM
That sucks, it would be a great day to catch the *****s who do that kind of S$#t . A buddy of mine had some stuff stolen out of his truck. He just finished loading it and went in the house for ten minutes came out jumped into his truck,drove to my house to pick me up. That's when he discovered thaT HE JUST GOT FLIPPIN RIPPED OF!!! Now thats ballss:fighting0021::fighting0021:

steveo955
12-28-2010, 04:40 PM
anything distinguishing about your stuff we could be watching for? what location?

FishingFrenzy
12-28-2010, 05:06 PM
That really sucks man! If i were you i would keep my eye on Craigslist/Kijiji, you might be able to catch the @$$hole that ripped off your gear!

bucktaker
12-28-2010, 05:08 PM
locks, chains, tarps. been there that sucks.

Ciralal
12-28-2010, 05:27 PM
Like Fishingfrenzy said I would keep an eye on the online classified sites, search all of Alberta. I have heard a number of stories of guys finding their stolen property for sale on there.

tacklerunner
12-28-2010, 05:33 PM
That's a BIG rant IMO!!! :sign0080: That's really sh#!tty!!!

Walleyes
12-28-2010, 05:34 PM
Yup there is an azzhole born every minute.. Hope a dick like this gets hit by a train,, really I do..

Let us know what the makes and models are we can keep an eye out for them..

pickrel pat
12-28-2010, 05:41 PM
and the big question.... where did they steal it from?

jts1
12-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Had all the gear in the back of the truck "with a topr" We made a quick stop at Crappy Tire for some stuff. Was in the store 8 mins and when we came out it was all gone. It was a 4 man Ice Cube, Buddy heater, a sun flower heater and 20lb tank and my BRAND NEW NEVER DRILLED A HOLE auger Eskimo Brand. Just about cried I did.... Guess we should have locked the back of the truck.........

Walleyes
12-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Man thats a tough one.. Quit blaming yourself for this one what does locking your truck have to do with it.. The F'n azzhole would just break the window.. Talk about dicks man,, unreal...

FishingMOM
12-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Had all the gear in the back of the truck "with a topr" We made a quick stop at Crappy Tire for some stuff. Was in the store 8 mins and when we came out it was all gone. It was a 4 man Ice Cube, Buddy heater, a sun flower heater and 20lb tank and my BRAND NEW NEVER DRILLED A HOLE auger Eskimo Brand. Just about cried I did.... Guess we should have locked the back of the truck.........

Have you asked about parking lot video cameras?
Many places have them and your suspects might have been caught?

Sundancefisher
12-28-2010, 06:22 PM

Depending upon the credit card used to buy it...you might have a claim if it was purchased over the Christmas holidays.

That really is terrible...I hope he sees payback some day.

flygirrl
12-28-2010, 06:28 PM
5 minutes in a back alley is all it would take................................. Jeff PM sent.....

mudbug
12-28-2010, 06:38 PM
That really sucks!!!! :mad0100: I lost soem items from the back of my truck a few years ago in the CT parking lot as well just a few days before Christmas. Nothing major like yours but still........ I was in the store for 10 minutes to return something came out and noticed the fresh tracks in the snow to the side of the truck then over to where someone had their car parked. I drove around the mall to find the car but it was long gone........:sign0176:

fluxcore
12-28-2010, 06:42 PM
I don't know what to say other than that sucks huge!!!!!! I'm a strong believer in Carma and what goes around comes around so lets hope him or they get hit by a truck:p

New Hunter Okotoks
12-28-2010, 06:46 PM
You know, I think it would be worth it for someone to try and steal stuff like that as long as I could catch them in the act. I know you are the same.

Predator Shelter,Big Buddy with 20lb tank,Jiffy 3hp. Jeff,you and Lyndsay are welcome to it whenever you need it.

Aaron.

Jimboy
12-28-2010, 06:48 PM

mmmmmmm , now that would have been a GREAT idea :rolleye2:

fluxcore
12-28-2010, 06:54 PM
mmmmmmm , now that would have been a GREAT idea :rolleye2:

WOW the guy lost a lot of gear and you couldent help but be a d!ck......good for you

Badback
12-28-2010, 07:00 PM
I don't know what to say other than that sucks huge!!!!!! I'm a strong believer in Carma and what goes around comes around so lets hope him or they get hit by a truck:p

X 2...Those that case negative engery on others will have it returned to them 10 fold...

Mxyzptik
12-28-2010, 07:14 PM
WOW the guy lost a lot of gear and you couldent help but be a d!ck......good for you

X2 what's a lock got to do with anything. It was HIS STUFF . I had someone walk in my back door while I'm standing in the driveway in the front talking to my neighbour. Lost my wallet, camera, ipod, leatherman and glasses. Is it my fault because my back door was unlocked ? It was my stuff in my house just like it was his stuff in his truck. Nobody has any business even looking it's way IMO.

Gust
12-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Have you asked about parking lot video cameras?
Many places have them and your suspects might have been caught?

Go ask them for surveleilance footage and get on craigslist. Do you have pics of your stuff or any little things that distinguishes your stuff. I'm doing a 3 lakes-over-3 days and will keep an eye out.

1bluZebec
12-28-2010, 09:07 PM
May god have mercy! Sorry for the loss. I am blown away at the amount of scum there is in this world that do crimes like this. It's worse and worse every year. I wish you caught the pos in the act and knocked him out and use your brand new auger on his ass! If that's not enough I'm sure you could use pieces of him for bait! I hope you can get some more equipment in time to be able to do some more hardwater fun.

iliketrout
12-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Jeff, realy sorry to hear that man. Fish Inn 6 man and 2hp Jiffy are yours to borrow, just say the word.

slingshotz
12-28-2010, 09:38 PM
That is brutal, sorry to hear about crap like this especially around the holidays. Any chance you can post a sample photo of the auger and tent for everyone to see so they can watch out for it. Not everyone knows what a Eskimo auger looks like, nor which model you had.

Long shot but depending on where you bought it from they might have the serial number of the auger so you can claim it from your insurance or for others to spot stolen goods.

If you want to slay a bunch of trout locally, give me a PM and we can hit Lake Bonavista.

DarkAisling
12-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Had the opportunity for a quick browse of the forum, and I read this. Merry freakin' Ho Ho.

Add an Eskimo Quickfish 6 (may smell like rotten bait), a 10" 3hp Jiffy, and two Buddy Heaters to the list of items you have at your disposal to borrow.

harrydude
12-28-2010, 10:15 PM
try calling these guys seams they sell used stuff

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-sports-bikes-ICE-FISHING-FUN-STARTS-AND-ENDS-AT-THE-REEL-DOCTOR-SALE-W0QQAdIdZ249361888

jts1
12-28-2010, 10:51 PM
The response I have got on this thread is overwhelming. I take my hat off and salute each and every one of you. You all are the definition good hearted people. Since my time on this forum I have had the distinct pleasure of getting to know some responsible anglers, but more than that I have had the pleasure of making some good friends. As some of you know I am never short of words. In fact I am the loudest one at most times. But you all have left me speechless. To everyone that has offered me gear and sent me Pm's I thank you more than I know how to say. I am not one to willingly receive much of anything I like to be on the other end and be the one giving if I can. I have done gatherings on here, I have set up perfect strangers with gear and gave them locations. I have never wanted anything but the pleasure of knowing I was helping someone who needed it. Now it seems the shoe is on the other foot. I will just end this before I start talking like a guy who uses a pink fishing rod. Again thank you guys. It means a lot to know that I have friends like all of you. Happy Holidays and Best Wish's to you and yours in the new year

Stop Staring at my Rack
12-28-2010, 10:59 PM
Very sad, had a lady stealing stuff from the back of our truck a few days ago....
Hope your stuff is found..... Sorry they took it, very sad.

npauls
12-28-2010, 11:23 PM
Hey Jeff,

I may be planning a trip to calgary in the very near future to hopefully pick up a camper so that me and my family can go camping this summer and tow the boat. I have a home made hut in the back of the truck that you could keep for the remainder of the year if you would like. I have a 1 man hut that I use and rarely use this 2 man home made one. I could leave it with you for the season and then we could maybe arrange to meet up for a fishing trip during open water and make the exchange back then. Let me know if you are interested and we can arrange something.

nate

Garry B
12-29-2010, 12:00 AM
I'm late to this thread and sure this is not a new idea but if we all pitched in a bit of funds it would not take long and Jeff could get a good start on new stuff.

I'm new here but right near my start he befriended me and made a very generous offer. I really appreciate his kindness. This is truly a mixed up world when such a person has this done to them. Makes me angry.

If Jeff has PayPal it will be very convenient to get the rebuilding started. Or an address? Jeff can you make it possible for some of us help that way please?

PM to follow.

jts1
12-29-2010, 12:15 AM
I honestly don't know what to say that is above and beyond. As I posted earlier TOP SHELF. But I am no better than any of you and do not deserve such a gift. In fact from the posts on here I can only hope to be half of what I see posted before me. You sir have gone above and beyond, I thank you so very much but can not let anyone spend there hard earned cash on me.

Garry B
12-29-2010, 12:49 AM
I appreciate your position and defer to your wishes but honestly I think everyone would agree 'deserves' got nothing to do with it, and further YOU worked hard to buy that stuff only to have a criminal take it from you. Some of us can't help the way others have offered below but we still want to help. I'll be in touch. Regards

lucky_magic_stick
12-29-2010, 12:56 AM
Jeff real sorry to hear about your loss some people really need a good old can of woop azz given to them. I will offer my help to you also as many before have call me if I can help you in anyway. Makes me mad also buddy cheers Andy

WayneChristie
12-29-2010, 01:58 AM
Sorry to hear about your stuff dude, you know when you are down my way you can use my gear anytime. got another tent coming in the next week or so, if you want to use my 2 man the rest of the season you are welcome to it. I hope they didnt get your pink rod, I know how much you love using that thing!!!! :bad_boys_20:

Kingfisher
12-29-2010, 02:13 AM
Hey buddy that totally sucks.

I have 2 power augers and one needs a carb. You can have the one that needs a carb if you like. All you have to do is get a carb for it and it's yours. Seriously I don't need 2 power augers anyhow.

In the mean time if you need to borrow a tent and auger you can borrow my 4 man ice cube and the good auger any time.

Rob

Kim473
12-29-2010, 05:37 AM
Think everyone said it all. That sucks. Did you phone the cops? Post a sign at the store too. Any info please call. Someone had to see them.

Geezle
12-29-2010, 06:55 AM
I know I'm in the wrong 'hood but if you need it I've got a spare 6" hand auger you can have, though I also saw that Kingfisher offered up a power auger as well.

Crappy thing to happen no doubt, but I think 'the team' here will get ya sorted out :)

Joe Fehr
12-29-2010, 08:40 AM
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who did this to you. I hate thieves. If you need anything and your up in Grande Prairie let me know and I'll set you up.

roachman
12-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Jeff.... so sorry to hear about all your gear. It is absolutely shocking the nerve of some folks. The time of year just happens to be a double outch. I am having a tough time wrapping my brain around the fact it was in a likely superbly busy parking lot with tonnes of extra eyes around. I would have had to ask or approach the person or persons when I would have noticed them taking stuff out of a truck ... rather then putting it into the truck. It's too bad they didn't get caught in the act. If my husband would have seen that it would have been his form of ghetto justice being served. :budo: And I would be posting bail for new years. We are also in on anyway we can help.

Alberta Bigbore
12-29-2010, 09:21 AM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune so close to the new year. Takes all kinds of people I guess.

Scotty P.
12-29-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm really sorry to hear about your misfortune. I'll never understand how some people think, It's disgusting. If I can do anything, please let me know.

Fisherpeak
12-29-2010, 10:33 AM
That`s bloody lousy man.If you lived over here you could borrow my stuff.
Sure seems to be a lot of champion folks on this site..Good on all of you and I hope your season isn`t ruined by creep.

LeonH
12-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Jeff,

I am so sorry for your loss man. I know it must have felt like someone punched you in the gut. But sooner or later this kind of behavior will catch up with them.

Some people out there just do not have a soul.

After my brother lost their unborn child him and his wife put few solar lights on the child's grave and did not take few days that someone stole it. I myself got my front window smashed so that some jerk can have my $70 Costco backup camera monitor. All that was taken was monitor only with cords hanging through the window, and they caused hundreds and hundreds of $$$ in damages.

I hope you recover your stuff. Make sure you fill police report and sometimes when police gets someone with bunch of stuff at their place they will contact people that have reported stuff stolen. It might be worth a try. Good luck bud.