PDA

View Full Version : Gull Lake Report - Dec. 28, 2010

Hooter
12-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Me and a couple buddies went to Gull today to try our luck for whites. We were at the lake by 8:30am and fishing by about 8:50am. We were on the west side of the lake where the rugby goal posts are (not sure what the Summer Village is called), about 300 yards off shore in 8-10 FOW. Water was relatively clear with a sandy/mixed weed bottom. One guy managed to catch 5 whites, I got 2 whites, and the other guy got skunked. Yellow wire worms and yellow beads seemed to be the hook to use today.

A total of about 15 whites, 3 pike and a bunch of very small perched were seen amongst us all. All in all a slow day, but better than sitting on the couch. By the sound of it we weren't the only ones not catching.

Tight lines.

-Trevor

burbotman14
12-28-2010, 10:26 PM
7 whitefish landed doesn't seem that slow of a day for a group of three, at least it doesn't seem so for me.

Alberta Bigbore
12-29-2010, 07:15 PM
sounds like a good day. I only fish for whites there from first light to about 11AM. yellow/orange wrapped wireworms or yellow/green wrapped ones seem to be a good choice to start with for that lake.