PDA

View Full Version : Star lake

1bluZebec
12-28-2010, 09:58 PM
I was out at Star lake lastnighr and never had a bite. There was 4 others there when I showed up and I stayed till dark and did my usual for trout bottom to top in two different holes but not even a bite. I was obviously in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was fishing in about 15-20' maybe too deep? I've never fished as far out as I was this time but I figured being as early in the season as it is it would be ok. Anyone been there lately? I was using tiny spoon with orange powerbait and velvet then tried a Rapala jiggn rap. No tent heater either so only out when it's decent and can usually only last 2 hours before I'm frozen orits too dark.:confused:

Willowtrail
12-29-2010, 12:10 AM
Stars been slow lately. Every time I'm out there I see only a couple of fish. Was there all day yesterday and saw only one. At one point there was 19 trucks there and I didn't hear anyone landing anything. If you were the late arrival with a Ranger I think it was you seemed too deep but theres no good spot there yet. I caught my big one there out of about 8' of water.

1bluZebec
12-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Yeah that was me. I have been usually fishing the shallows lately and doing good at Beaumont and alright at chickakoo so I thought I would head out to were it was roughly 20' and try but wasn't even a bite. I thought it would still be early enough that they would be anywhere from top to bottom so I thought I would see. There were a few holes right by me too. Later toward the middle to end they should be close to the ice for oxygen then might be better. I can't wait to go again even if it's the same story. This time I'll try closer to shore somewhere. I also have no electronics of anykind which makes it fun too. I love it. What truck where you the white ford or the black chev?

C@RN@GE
12-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Stars been slow lately. Every time I'm out there I see only a couple of fish. Was there all day yesterday and saw only one. At one point there was 19 trucks there and I didn't hear anyone landing anything. If you were the late arrival with a Ranger I think it was you seemed too deep but theres no good spot there yet. I caught my big one there out of about 8' of water.

Its not slow its fished out. What do you guys thinks going to happen when you post a big rainbow on these forums.

Willowtrail
12-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Yeah that was me. I have been usually fishing the shallows lately and doing good at Beaumont and alright at chickakoo so I thought I would head out to were it was roughly 20' and try but wasn't even a bite. I thought it would still be early enough that they would be anywhere from top to bottom so I thought I would see. There were a few holes right by me too. Later toward the middle to end they should be close to the ice for oxygen then might be better. I can't wait to go again even if it's the same story. This time I'll try closer to shore somewhere. I also have no electronics of anykind which makes it fun too. I love it. What truck where you the white ford or the black chev?

I was with a buddy with his quad and I walked out. I don't know why people think 12" of ice is safe to drive 1 tons on. We were fisjing in an inch of water after it boiled out of our holes once we drilled them. The lakes up here are not safe to drive on. Hasse was the same way. The guys driving the trucks can't here the ice cracking as they drive through the fllod water. Guys should stay off still.