PDA

View Full Version : How's Wabamun doing?

Moults
12-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Hi guys
I'm thinkin about making a trip to Wabamun one of these days. Anyone been out lately? Any tips?

I'm wondering how that oil spill a few years back has affected the health of the fish...

DuckBrat
12-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Fishing was slow yesterday and Monday for Whites and Pike. Remember it's catch and release only.

alodar
12-29-2010, 11:49 AM
They are there but I can't quite get e out of the water

mooseknuckle
12-30-2010, 09:53 PM
I think it was a good day at wab!! Anyone want to chime in here?

Geezle
12-31-2010, 06:32 AM
I think it was a good day at wab!! Anyone want to chime in here?

Depends on what you consider a good day...I would have liked to catch a fish! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Seriously though, overall since the spill Wab has become a great catch and release pike fishery...lots of fish and plenty of big ones :cool:

There are also whites, burbs, perch, and word on the street says that there's a handful of walleye in there as well :)

pikehunter1989
12-31-2010, 09:21 AM
it was definatly a good day out there yesterday. i mean still kinda slow unless your the guy with a horse shoe way up there and than its a great day on the lake

-JR-
12-31-2010, 10:10 AM
I just might be out there on Sunday pulling out a nice Shanty Pike if not I will heading to pigeon for whitefish

alodar
12-31-2010, 05:07 PM
Depends on what you consider a good day...I would have liked to catch a fish! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Seriously though, overall since the spill Wab has become a great catch and release pike fishery...lots of fish and plenty of big ones :cool:

There are also whites, burbs, perch, and word on the street says that there's a handful of walleye in there as well :)

Funny u say that I hooked a small eye when i was out did not land him tho took my spoon while I was jigging for jack

Safety D
12-31-2010, 05:34 PM
I love Wab. It has the best Pike fishing hands down. You cant even drive 3 hours to get as good of fishing. Ive driven over 3 hours for complete dead fishing and 45 minutes to HEN heaven !!!!!