PDA

View Full Version : How do I rig up for white fish

theduke
12-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Going fishing tomorrow and was gunna try for some white fish was wondering how I would set up some rigs with a wataskiwin or wire worms I also picked up some meal worms and maggots. Any tips would be great

lifesaflyin
12-29-2010, 06:41 PM
4-6 pound test as they are picky if they see some line. use a silver Swedish pimple or a wire worm. jig near the bottom and when you see one slowly raise the hook up. be careful not to rip the hook out of its mouth as its mouth is almost see thru thin.

pecker
12-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Going fishing tomorrow and was gunna try for some white fish was wondering how I would set up some rigs with a wataskiwin or wire worms I also picked up some meal worms and maggots. Any tips would be great

copper or orange wire worms on 6# test . i've caught them from the bottom to a foot below the ice . you can add a maggot if their finnicky. the key is to have a tight tie and turn your hook 90 degrees to the side . your welcome . :happy0034::happy0034:

hit1987
12-29-2010, 08:10 PM
During spawning time, whites take whatever you give. But after Xmas, it is getting hard to catch them. Wondering anyone can share some tips after whties when they finish spawning.

Happy New Year