PDA

View Full Version : Lethbridge This Weekend

jts1
12-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Mrs jts1 and I are going to headed to lethbridge Fri morn. Any AOF members down there know of some hard water action. I know there are a few ponds right in the city.

gprime27
12-30-2010, 05:02 PM
Westside is hot right now. Perch are biting.. Brookies are biting and so are the pike.. Give it a whirl

jts1
12-30-2010, 05:13 PM
Perch Pike and Brooks all in one pond? Shoot ya I am in. Where is this pond located and any tips or spots on the pond would be a great help. We will be doing C&R only. Anyone going to be headed out Sat for some fishing?

npauls
12-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Hey Jeff,

Just head right off of the boat launch at nicholas sheran. fish it along the cat tails on the west side of the lake. you can also head across the lake to where the rock point comes out and along the wooden posts sticking out of the shoreline.

Unfortunately I can't fish still because of my back or I would be more then willing to meet you out there. If you would like to use my home made shack for the rest of the hard water season I could meet you somewhere and show you around the lake and drop the hut off to you.

Nate

jts1
12-31-2010, 06:36 AM
Westside is hot right now. Perch are biting.. Brookies are biting and so are the pike.. Give it a whirl

I will be trying this location on Sat

Hey Jeff,

Just head right off of the boat launch at nicholas sheran. fish it along the cat tails on the west side of the lake. you can also head across the lake to where the rock point comes out and along the wooden posts sticking out of the shoreline.

Unfortunately I can't fish still because of my back or I would be more then willing to meet you out there. If you would like to use my home made shack for the rest of the hard water season I could meet you somewhere and show you around the lake and drop the hut off to you.

Nate

Just Pike in here? I will try it as well Between the two it should kill the day. Thank you fo the offer I would be happy to meet up with you and get a few tips on the lake for sure. The way my luck has been this year I can use all the help I can get.

puphood1
12-31-2010, 09:44 AM
See attached pic this spring though it felt like winter......puphood1

Triple Threat
12-31-2010, 09:49 AM
I will be trying this location on Sat

Just Pike in here? I will try it as well Between the two it should kill the day. Thank you fo the offer I would be happy to meet up with you and get a few tips on the lake for sure. The way my luck has been this year I can use all the help I can get.

There is pike, brookies and perch in there.

WayneChristie
12-31-2010, 09:51 AM

thats awesome, your daughter uses the same rod Jeff does!!!! theres hope for him yet!!!!:sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol: oh and nice fish! bet she will never forget that catch!

DuckBrat
12-31-2010, 09:51 AM
It would seem there are browns in there too.

WayneChristie
12-31-2010, 09:57 AM
It would seem there are browns in there too.

Ive heard a lot of brood stock gets put in there. The pike and perch come from the water supply.

jts1
12-31-2010, 10:53 AM
thats awesome, your daughter uses the same rod Jeff does!!!! theres hope for him yet!!!!:sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol: oh and nice fish! bet she will never forget that catch!

Ohhhh you just had to get one more in this year didnt you. I will get ya Mr Wayne I will get ya... Wish you all the best in the New Year

Guitarplayingfish
12-31-2010, 10:58 AM
Lots of broods in there... Big browns, brooks, perch, monster pike. Although, if want an actual challenge go fish a reservoir or something. Stocked fish are just never the same...

jts1
12-31-2010, 11:00 AM

. Well its an easy choice where to head to on Sat now.

WayneChristie
12-31-2010, 11:03 AM
. Well its an easy choice where to head to on Sat now.

yah you might get outfished by a little girl my friend, maybe you want to make sure she wont be there to show you up!!! :sHa_sarcasticlol: Have a great time tonight and on the ice, happy hangover!

jts1
12-31-2010, 11:10 AM
I am going to say it now and get it over with. I AM NEVER DRINKING AGAIN. And I would never have a problem getting outfished by the kids.

chubbdarter
12-31-2010, 11:51 AM
whats the status of Henderson lake....it used to be full of big perch

Guitarplayingfish
12-31-2010, 01:14 PM
whats the status of Henderson lake....it used to be full of big perch

IMO Henderson is a lost fishery. The water smells, the fish don't bite.. and there is no perch. Pike and Carp. NS is DEFINATELY <----- best option in the city. Last year I saw a 25lb+ Pike swimming in there.... I almost pee'd myself.

munyee4321
12-31-2010, 01:18 PM
You should see some of the huge Carp in NS too I watched one this summer wow it scared the crap outta me when it surfaced 6feet from shore while I was targeting the browns !!! Probably head out there sat see what I can get.

chubbdarter
12-31-2010, 01:26 PM
IMO Henderson is a lost fishery. The water smells, the fish don't bite.. and there is no perch. Pike and Carp. NS is DEFINATELY <----- best option in the city. Last year I saw a 25lb+ Pike swimming in there.... I almost pee'd myself.

thats sad...thank for the update..was a awesome place when i was a kid.....guess im aging myself if i say we used to go early to Dodger games to fish first

chubbdarter
12-31-2010, 01:29 PM
are these the same carp used to clean up the irriagation ditches?

npauls
12-31-2010, 01:51 PM
Ye Jeff there is some big browns and brookies in there along with the pike and perch.

As for the carp, They were stocked by the U of L to do studies on how they will help to clean up the weed situations in both nicholas sheran and henderson. They are just a grass carp and you aren't suppose to target them.

Let me know where and when you would like to meet up jeff and I will see if I am able to make it over there with you for a few a bit.

Nate

chubbdarter
12-31-2010, 02:13 PM
cool info i grew up down there and my daughter now attends the u of l

and on a side note
can 1 sweden 1

gprime27
01-01-2011, 03:31 PM

I pulled out a TON of pike this spring / summer before it got to weedy. Pulled in a few about 16 - 20 pounds. You sure get quite a crowd when you get one like that on that lake

jts1
01-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Didnt make it today I will be on NS Sunday Wht van with Alberta Outdoorsmen sticker on back window. Frabil flip over shelter. Stop by and say hi and give me a few pointers.

gprime27
01-01-2011, 08:01 PM
^^^ I very much shall if we go there. Im thinking of going after some walleye / burbs / pike / perch at park lake tomorrow.

npauls
01-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Jts I would love to meet you out there tomorrow but my wife works all day and will have my truck since my parents borrowed her trailblazer. If for some strange reason I can make it I will be the guy wondering around looking for you with an infant in my arms.

Nate

gprime27
01-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Hey JTS1 I one upped you today unless you got something after I left :).. It was nice to meet you on the cold ice today. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6636494&l=27d27da183&id=543622609

jts1
01-02-2011, 06:17 PM
You bet man was good to meet ya Let me know when you are going to be up my way.