PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon and Wizard Lake Report

timsesink
12-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Hey Guys
Me and bro headed out yesterday for a day on the ice, and well thats about all it was :sign0176: We hit up pigeon about 200ft off of the Provincial boat launch but didn't even see a fish so we called it quits. Thinking it was maybe just our BO we checked with others and no one else had seen a ny fish all monring. We managed to get out there in the trusty Mazda mini Van, (you won't beleive the places that thing has gone) and the ice averaged 14-20" thick.

We then decided that small fish were better then no fish and headed to Wizard a constant hammer handle producer. It didn't disappoint and we landed a few, the snow was a little deeper as the lake is sheltered but again the MPV didn't disappoint. We went across from the Jubilee launch sight about 10ft off the reeds ion about 8ft of water. Ice average 14-20" thick again. Happy New Years!

Roebag
12-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Maybe that was you we talked to yesterday morning at the ledge. We were in a Bergundy GMC and Frabil Headquarters tent.

Alberta Bigbore
12-30-2010, 09:11 PM
We hit up pigeon about 200ft off of the Provincial boat launch but didn't even see a fish so we called it quits.

200 feet?? Takes alot more distance than that to get to the drop offs at the Prov park. Thats probably why... What time of day were you there as well?

timsesink
12-31-2010, 08:57 AM
That was me Roebag, neat to see you're on the forum, you're officially the first guys I've met randomly. When I say 200ft it's a wild guestimate but we were right on the edge of the lip.

Alberta Bigbore
12-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Ya i was gonna say more like 200 yards at least , more than 200 feet lol ;)