PDA

View Full Version : Rattle Snake

gunner72
12-31-2010, 01:48 PM
Had a good day out at the lake with hunter 123. Lots of legal pike and seeing lots of perch, although we only got a few up the holes. Just wonderin if any one is haveing any luck with the perch. Were in about 18' and down at the west end.

Coltprins
12-31-2010, 06:45 PM
Was there the other day, it was crazy windy so we didn't stay out very long. we are pretty new at icefishing and only got one legal jack and a perch...

SturgeonHunter
01-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Had an great day perch fishing there last weekend. Northland forage minnows tipped with maggets caught me some nice 10 + inchers. Also wire worms were working but perch were alot smaller. Good luck out there

Fishfinder
01-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Thanx for the update guys. May head out tomorrow depending on that potentially nasty wind. If wind is bad might try the college pond here in the Hat if I can figure out if they drained it entirely or not? If not, there has got to be about a gazillion perch and some fat pike all swimming around in a small body of water in the middle of the lake, with nowhere to go....but up:D

How thick was the ice out at the Snake when u were there?
Thanx n Happy 2011!

SturgeonHunter
01-01-2011, 05:56 PM
There was about 16 inches when I was out but the top 4-6 inches was crusty crap full of pockets. I wasnt about to drive on it but I did see a guy with a little tacoma on the ice. I'm sure with this cold snap we just had it is alot better now though.

gunner72
01-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Went out again yesterday and moved the shack a bit. Some nice pike but never seen a perch this time. Ice seems good and in the last few days we gained a couple inches for sure. The ice was pounding and crackin all day.