PDA

View Full Version : Marmish fishing rods

mulecrazy
12-31-2010, 07:21 PM
Hey all,

I have seen a couple posts of guys mentioning these rods and looked them up. They look very interesting, and a totally new style of jigging. I was just wondering if anyone had any feedback on their performances. likes, dislikes, tips. Also, How are they for pike/walleye as well as the smaller species like perch and whites...

cheers,

goldscud
12-31-2010, 07:52 PM
Fine tool for light biting fish. Not sure you want it for pike

Alberta Bigbore
12-31-2010, 08:04 PM
use them for perch whites and trout, set the hook by snapping it straight up and holding the rod tip pointing to the ice hole.

You can set the spring bobber so sensitive that you can detect a whitefish inhaling a wire worm on ultralite line.

#1 go to rod for whitefish in Gull Lake

The reel is only for holding the line.... you fight the fish by hand over hand... cant explain it.... just love them. Buy one and give them a try...

mulecrazy
12-31-2010, 08:12 PM
use them for perch whites and trout, set the hook by snapping it straight up and holding the rod tip pointing to the ice hole.

You can set the spring bobber so sensitive that you can detect a whitefish inhaling a wire worm on ultralite line.

#1 go to rod for whitefish in Gull Lake

The reel is only for holding the line.... you fight the fish by hand over hand... cant explain it.... just love them. Buy one and give them a try...

yeah, I figured it would be a good tool to use for the whites. I have never fished them much, but it looked like this would be a good tool in the bag to get me started on them. Most of my fishing has been for pike, walleye, and perch. Their website has some pretty good diagrams and videos. How much are the fishing stores charging for them?

Alberta Bigbore
12-31-2010, 08:48 PM
Alot more than i sold mine for. I think $29 at the hole right now if they even have them in stock. Ive gotten PM's since this thread and....no... i will not sell my remaining stock ;)

kostianych
01-01-2011, 01:01 AM
check this video out :)
pay more attention @ 1:50 :) smart way to handle a big fish :)))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYrWMY5maHg

I use Marmish for perch, trout, whitefish (Rocky and Lake).....love it... :)))

WayneChristie
01-01-2011, 02:39 AM
Ive caught perch, trout, walleye burbs and smaller pike on mine, lots of fun. best for smaller fish tho since you are handlining them. go to the website they have some videos