PDA

View Full Version : Lac La Biche/Touchwood Report

kreator
01-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Tried the causeway at Sir Winston Churchill Prov. Park on LLB this afternoon, fishing was slow. A few perch here and there. Some people were catching walleye and the odd pike. Nothing spectacular. Trailers are already set up for the season and guys are driving trucks on. Ice is about 14-16 inches. Hope it picks up there and produces like it did a couple years ago. Last year was very slow.

Also went into Touchwood for a drive and to check the ice. There is about a foot of ice some 100 yards out from the boat launch, but about 4-5 inches of water sitting on top of it. Crazy flood water there. Quickly tried to catch a pike in about 10 feet of water for supper but ran out of piles of snow to stand on and the flood water was starting to soak into my boots. Be aware of this if any of you are brave enough to drive out there.

No one was at the Jackson Lake staging area, but it looks like people have been going in.

Alberta Bigbore
01-01-2011, 05:37 PM
crazy report... hopefully your drive home wasnt to far

kreator
01-01-2011, 05:56 PM
No I live pretty close. Headed out again tomorrow to either the north side of LLB for some pike or North Buck for some perch. I'll post about how I do again tomorrow.

Safety D
01-01-2011, 07:24 PM
How is the north side of La Biche for pike? I heard it was pretty good???

kreator
01-01-2011, 07:49 PM
It's where the real big girls are. LLB is also turning into a good walleye fishery. Should be after stocking 38,000,000 of them every year.

Safety D
01-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Mmmmm I like big girls !!!!!!

SNAPFisher
01-02-2011, 07:45 AM
Man, some big water up there to explore. I've got to get my butt in gear one day for some of those lakes. Doesn't Touchwood have a small creek in the bay near the launch? It would explain the floodwater that is always reported there.