PDA

View Full Version : Salmon Eye fishing charters

Cornsy
01-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Hey guys,
I went out to Rupert a couple of years ago and had a blast fishing with claude from Cheasapeake charters. This year we have a trip booked with Salmon Eye charters out of Ucluelet. I am really getting excited but I just figured I would ask if any of you fine folks have been out with them before. Any posts good or bad would be appreciated.

Cornsy

BTK
01-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Ya! We went with Sam a few years ago, went with a couple other outfits since but I think were going to go with Sam again this year. Can't say anything really bad about him, everything was well taken care of and the fishing was great. Best thing about Salmon Eye is his packages, nice to have a few different options. Ironic thing is Sam runs a fishing charter but gets seasick:) Maybe he's over that now!
Been to Rupert ourselves, thought we would give the Island a shot, turned out to be a good idea as we've found the fishing is just as good and you save yourselves about $1500 each at the end of the day! Tried Port Renfrew, Uculet and Tofino. The fishing was excellent in all 3 spots but I think Uculet was our fav! Another nice thing about fishing off Van. Island is that you don't have to pound across a 100 miles of water to get to the fishing grounds.