PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Travers res. tomorrow

chris wood
01-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Last time I fished Travers fishing was slow for walleye. Most of the people were fishing for whitefish. Any suggestions on where to fish?

chris wood
01-02-2011, 05:41 PM
:)

chubbdarter
01-02-2011, 05:53 PM
prime walleye spots on travers typically arent crowded with people fishing for whitefish.
try wolf coulee
coal banks point
or the sunken island in the bay of pigs.
its been good eye fishing all winter

calgarygringo
01-02-2011, 06:16 PM
It looks like we are probably going to head there tomorrow as well. Was there a week ago and wallys were biting pretty good. Caught some other varieties as well. We will be just to the right of the boat launch down by the house. Green silverado pickup with matching topper. Stop by and say hi if you are in the area.

chris wood
01-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the info on some spots to fish... But I'll be fishing with my dad who's 70 and he gets nervous driving across a lake unless it has 3 feet of ice. So tomorrow I'm stuck fishing the bay at little bow campground. I'll fish out a little deeper and do my best. Minnows and jigs, about 30 holes and crossed fingers....

gl2
01-02-2011, 08:23 PM
i went there last weekend and did okay....good luck and keep us posted on the action!!

chubbdarter
01-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the info on some spots to fish... But I'll be fishing with my dad who's 70 and he gets nervous driving across a lake unless it has 3 feet of ice. So tomorrow I'm stuck fishing the bay at little bow campground. I'll fish out a little deeper and do my best. Minnows and jigs, about 30 holes and crossed fingers....

good on you for taking pops fishing. kids giggling and old guys telling stories is the true meaning of fishing.
if your want a chance at a good eye fish the south bank off the launch...look at landscape its a reflection of the hydro contour. the deep valley has a 16-18 foot draw very near shore and a hard bottom. try it
http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt154/azzrocket2/001-20.jpg
its about 40 yards right of where the pic ends....sorry dont have a better pic