PDA

View Full Version : Spray report

critter
01-02-2011, 06:34 PM
Was at spray today, fished around canyon, got about 15 fish, biggest 3 pounds, was definitaley a good day. Was at a new spot. Just go on google maps and find your own spots, even if it involves snowshoeing down a timbered gorge for 20 minutes, at the far end. You will have a better chance at bigger fish. But its still spray, i went there 2 weeks ago and got 2 small fish. cheers.

alacringa
01-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Well, you did better than I did...I got 5-6 hits; had one on, and about half-way up to the hole, he got off. Felt like a big'un, too...at least bigger than I've had there, before (but my biggest there was about 19-20"). Never iced one. I was off Sparrowhawk, in approx. 100' of water. All of the fish I had were within 20' of bottom, but that is mostly where I was fishing.

birchy
01-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Was at Spray on Friday and had a "first".. had the rods set up and was getting the shack ready when all of a sudden I hear a "clank, clank" sound. Look up just in time to see my rod going down the hole and my little red metal rod holder tipped over... ran over just in time to see it disappear down and on an angle just out of reach. DOH!

We spent all day long and only caught 5 between us. 3 were decent sized and made for a good meal. I'm sure we would've moved around a lot more if it wasn't so darn cold! Staying in the shack with the heater watching the flasher was the better idea that day..

zipper
01-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Critter : The area you describe is not part of Spray Lakes, it is part of the Spray River and is a tributary of the Lake and is CLOSED to fishing in the winter. It must have been you I saw heading there today, next time I'll be calling the CO's.

critter
01-02-2011, 10:54 PM
I wasnt fishing at the mouth of that river, nor did i say so in my post. I have fished around there in the summer from the boat but its really shallow and only got whitefish. i have NEVER fished there in the winter. I said canyon, meaning the dam. That end of the lake. I fished in front of an obvious creek on the road side (called smutts) which is part of the main lake. I have also had alot of my success off of various points further down the lake from the dam in very deep water, as well as right off bueller point and across right in front of the dam. If you saw someone heading there today, you shoulda called the CO's. i didnt see anyone, weird... anyways cheers, msg me for spot details zipper.