PDA

View Full Version : salmo chubby dartrs

Dust1n
01-02-2011, 07:16 PM
hey did i get the right colors in the series?hot perch and gold and orange?i would also like to know how should i fish them and if thre worth my mone 9 buks each/

chubbdarter
01-02-2011, 08:04 PM
hey did i get the right colors in the series?hot perch and gold and orange?i would also like to know how should i fish them and if thre worth my mone 9 buks each/

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt154/azzrocket2/001-21.jpg
those are my 2 favorite colors

love the chubbydarters.
took awhile to fine tune the presentation but time watching walleye on the camera really helped.
its a big walleye lure.
i never jig it more than a foot , lift free fall long pauses with maybe a tiny jiggle. jig it hard and big eyes seem suspicious . worst yet it makes pike horny and the bite them right off.
i also give them a squirt of berkley sauce

Safety D
01-02-2011, 08:09 PM
The darters are the cats meow !!!!!

Dust1n
01-02-2011, 08:24 PM
nice i got every salmo lur there is in a sorted sizes too and color but never tried the chubby darters.
my favorite colors and salmo bits are the floating pike wich is very good when tere is no forage just troll the weed edge with it. and the salmo fatso in roach color like yours goood lures toa ter kinda pricy

chubbdarter
01-02-2011, 08:42 PM
some tackle company is producing there own similar lure, cant remember who-fishin hole has them. some interesting colors and sizes also. way cheaper price too.
i figure any lure that makes a similar sized perch come in and sit with it is kinda life like

Alberta Bigbore
01-02-2011, 09:18 PM
I have 47 (just counted) Chubby Darters in various colors and sizes, even some limited edition colors only available to certain stores in the USA.... love them, perch dont come in and sniff them, they race in and nail them.

Probably gonna take a PM beating, but whitefish in Sylvan luv them in a certain size and color ;)

Alberta Bigbore
01-02-2011, 09:20 PM
some tackle company is producing there own similar lure, cant remember who-fishin hole has them. some interesting colors and sizes also. way cheaper price too.
i figure any lure that makes a similar sized perch come in and sit with it is kinda life like

Lindy is making the phonies, im sure they still work, but why mess with a good thing?

chubbdarter
01-02-2011, 09:22 PM
I have 47 (just counted) Chubby Darters in various colors and sizes, even some limited edition colors only available to certain stores in the USA.... love them, perch dont come in and sniff them, they race in and nail them.

Probably gonna take a PM beating, but whitefish in Sylvan luv them in a certain size and color ;)

i believe you in my case i gave away all the tiny ones in blue silver....i hate whitefish and perch

chubbdarter
01-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Lindy is making the phonies, im sure they still work, but why mess with a good thing?

thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!
and i agree but i do wonder did they make a good thing better? now ive got to pick a few up. lol

Alberta Bigbore
01-02-2011, 09:25 PM
i believe you in my case i gave away all the tiny ones in blue silver....i hate whitefish and perch

never tried that color for sylvan whites, ill give it a try

chubbdarter
01-02-2011, 09:30 PM
never tried that color for sylvan whites, ill give it a try

its funny how the whites on travers eat a minnow thats fallen off a hook. But rarely eat one thats still attached. Fine with me but kinda mysterious

Alberta Bigbore
01-02-2011, 09:50 PM
lol... in Ontario... ive used big tube jigs for them or 2 inch long jigging spoons tipped with minnows

chubbdarter
01-02-2011, 09:58 PM
lol... in Ontario... ive used big tube jigs for them or 2 inch long jigging spoons tipped with minnows

simcoe?
i fished with a guide friend on flathead lake in montana for mackinaws....i asked him what all the large groups of big hooks were on the paper graph. He said whitefish. i called bullchit when i could relate the hooks to the cannon ball. he reels everything in and hands me a rod with a 4 inch jig that was similar to a x-mas tree. Boom...chit the white looked like a mini tarpon. i had to buy steak supper..lol

sorry for the hi jack

chubbdarter
01-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Wow.... nice collection, i want that :shark:

big bore has alot more....thats what you want!!!!!!!!!

Safety D
01-02-2011, 10:39 PM
The darters work on Pigeon for walleye. But then again it is pretty easy to catch a walleye on Pigeon Lake. LOL !!!! Ya I agree the fish come in a smash em !!!

Alberta Bigbore
01-03-2011, 12:29 AM
big bore has alot more....thats what you want!!!!!!!!!

I have more terminal tackle than you can shake a stick at, I keep trying to off load it in trade for other things, but meh.

My ice fishing tackle bag consists of over 1000 Hooks alone :p

Anyways, fav chubby darter is the Hot Perch #3

chubbdarter
01-03-2011, 12:52 AM
I have more terminal tackle than you can shake a stick at, I keep trying to off load it in trade for other things, but meh.

My ice fishing tackle bag consists of over 1000 Hooks alone :p

Anyways, fav chubby darter is the Hot Perch #3

i have that and maybe more..i was gonna say we should get together and at least trade some chit...but i fear we have all the same stuff..lol

Alberta Bigbore
01-03-2011, 01:00 AM
i have that and maybe more..i was gonna say we should get together and at least trade some chit...but i fear we have all the same stuff..lol

your probably right...... And isnt it funny that with all the tackle we own, going to a lake that is DEAD... like Gull Pigeon and Sylvan,,, usually end up using 1 or 2 hooks to limit out quick... makes no sence

chubbdarter
01-03-2011, 01:12 AM
your probably right...... And isnt it funny that with all the tackle we own, going to a lake that is DEAD... like Gull Pigeon and Sylvan,,, usually end up using 1 or 2 hooks to limit out quick... makes no sence

yup lmfao

my son steals more than i lose now

it nice to rig a old guy or a kid i meet who just needs a good setup to catch a fish also