PDA

View Full Version : Update: Spray Lake AOF Gathering Jan 8th

nicemustang
01-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Hi all,

I'll post an updated thread for the gathering this coming weekend.

We will be parking on the road just south of sparrowhawk. Walking out from there. I will PM everyone that has shown interest the GPS spot for parking (although I'm sure it will be easy to see the convoy)!. I'm planning on being there at 8:00 am. For those interested in car pooling or need a ride, post it here and I suggest meeting at the Petro Canada on #1 and #22 hiway corner.

I also strongly suggest gearing up with people. With thie many, we don't need a ton of shacks or augers, we can all share!

We have quite the list. I will start my emails and PMs now so if you don't get anything from me by wednesday let me know.

(I will send this to jts1 email and let him distribute to his group, mrsjts, flygirl, tony, sandulis, kingfisher, etc)

For people coming I have:

Me and a buddy or two
iliketrout
jts1
aulrich
skunkboy
Gumbi?
npauls? Nate, how's the back?
Calgarygringo
Slingzshots
tacklerunner?
jacenbeers
Jack&7?
flygirl
Kingfisher
Fishfinder
FishBrain
DarkAisling
TheFishermanGuy
Orv?
SushiUnagi
Alacringa?
Kostianych
reelhooker
whitewolf
tonyflyfish
Rayl4r2

My cell is 403-461-8122 if anyone needs me as well.

Hope to see you there.
:sHa_shakeshout:

npauls
01-02-2011, 09:13 PM
No dice for me. I have been told not to do anything but rest and it is also my sons 1st birthday party on saturday. Originally the wife had it arranged for sunday but after I hurt my back it has be scheduled for saturday now. I guess I will have to just try my best to make the next one. I really do need to hit up spray this year and get some lakers.

Nate

jacenbeers
01-02-2011, 11:12 PM
I was at Spray with fishbrain today and he said he can't make it next weekend.

tonyflyfish
01-03-2011, 08:48 AM
I will be there. Staying in Canmore Friday evening so will see you at Spray.
In Jasper now acclimatizing. Lol
Thanks for getting this organized will be nice to meet you.
Tony

reelhooker
01-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Are we gonna need name tags with our "handles"? jj-sorta.
Looking forward to meeting my fellow AO'ers, puttin some names to faces.
I'll be easily identified as the person wanting to know why you are catching fish while I, using the same everything can barely catch a cold on the ice. That being said I am just getting over my yearly cold so I probably wont even catch one of them.

reelhooker
01-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Who all is staying in canmore saturday night and where are people thinking of staying? I was thinking of hittin' up the "Springs" but dont really want to have to drive back and forth from banff.

iliketrout
01-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Reelhooker, I will be doing the same. In fact, I did the same yesterday. Thanks to FishBrain (and his 10 year old daughter) for feeding me yet another slice of humble pie at Spray.

I'll be up there earlier than 8:00, as I am staying with friends in Canmore on Friday night. I will be arriving at the parking spot around 7:00am. I will have a Fish Inn tent, 2hp 8in Jiffy and a sunflower heater. jts1 and jacenbeers will be in my tent with me.

Can't wait to meet/see again everyone.

jacenbeers
01-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Reelhooker, I will be doing the same. In fact, I did the same yesterday. Thanks to FishBrain (and his 10 year old daughter) for feeding me yet another slice of humble pie at Spray.

I'll be up there earlier than 8:00, as I am staying with friends in Canmore on Friday night. I will be arriving at the parking spot around 7:00am. I will have a Fish Inn tent, 2hp 8in Jiffy and a sunflower heater. jts1 and jacenbeers will be in my tent with me.

I will be there as close to 7 AM as I can. I dont think I will be staying in Canmore because I do not know anybody who lives there. Maybe without fishbrain there, we will have better luck.

nicemustang
01-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Sounds like we might be up there by 7:30 instead now. I will find a way to identify my tent so everyone can find us.

reelhooker
01-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Is anyone staying out on Saturday to fish the whole weekend or are all of you that are staying out, just hotel'n it Friday then leaving Saturday. I/we are looking at staying Saturday night and fishing Sunday too...
It'd be good to hit a pub Sat night and make sure every outdoorsmen can hold a pint.
Let me know if you guys can, I want to book accom's but might not stay out sat night if knowone else is gonna be up on the ice sunday.

Willowtrail
01-03-2011, 06:57 PM

I don't think you're able to use your 2HP Jiffy on Spray.
Double check with Mustang.

iliketrout
01-03-2011, 07:17 PM
I am 100% certain that gas augers are permitted on Spray. Just no OHV's.

nicemustang
01-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Yes gas augers are fine, boat with motors too. Just no moterized vehicles on the ice.

Willowtrail
01-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Yes gas augers are fine, boat with motors too. Just no moterized vehicles on the ice.

I am 100% certain that gas augers are permitted on Spray. Just no OHV's.

Thanks guys, don't know where I heard that. Think I confused it with Sundance.

ORV
01-04-2011, 07:20 AM
won,t be able to make it this weekend.
this work thing really gets in the friggin way of fishing time.lol
hopefully sometime this year i will make it to a get together.
have fun everyone & be safe out there.
looking forward to the posts after the get together.
heading up to gull on the 22 of jan.(booked time off in time.lol)
hopefully i can run into a few of you up there.

good luck all!

orv.

WalleyeDeitz
01-04-2011, 08:34 AM
Hey Guys, If the invite is for all, I am in for this one as well. Anyone still looking to car pool and share a tent?

nicemustang
01-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Everyone is welcome!

Also, I will tie on a Canada Flag to my ICE CUBE tent so everyone can see us.

FishBrain
01-04-2011, 03:20 PM

AHHH shucks, I love serving pie :sHa_shakeshout:
MAybe I will show up just for a couple hours? It is the missus birthday on Friday, so we are going to do our thing this weekend, but if I can talk her into hitting spray for a few hours I will!!
Not sure, dont depend on me!!

jts1
01-05-2011, 01:07 AM
Mustang can you send me location IE GPS or Google with email please. Will be some great photo's taking up there that day.

reelhooker
01-05-2011, 11:10 AM
so.... anyone stayin up to fish Saturday and Sunday?

tonyflyfish
01-05-2011, 11:53 AM
I am staying Sat PM but don't think I will fish Sunday
T

nicemustang
01-06-2011, 09:29 AM
For those coming and want to find us easily. I will try to be out early and setup, iliketrout will be as well. I will be driving a dark grey nissan rouge. So look for my ice cube and canada flag.

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp140/nicemustang11/Misc/IMG00051-20110106-0815.jpg

chubbdarter
01-06-2011, 09:52 AM
For those coming and want to find us easily. I will try to be out early and setup, iliketrout will be as well. I will be driving a dark grey nissan rouge. So look for my ice cube and canada flag.

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp140/nicemustang11/Misc/IMG00051-20110106-0815.jpg

hows the structure in that spot?

nicemustang
01-06-2011, 10:05 AM
It's a river channel.

nicemustang
01-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Also, I'll bring the stove and some sausage and buns to share, I know others are as well. I don't have much (because I'm deerless this year) but others are bringing some goods. I will be bringing my world famous jerky though :)

chubbdarter
01-06-2011, 12:20 PM
It's a river channel.

looks like your yard.
son jammed out so we cant attend your get together....would be good to meet you...another time

Kingfisher
01-06-2011, 12:38 PM
so.... anyone stayin up to fish Saturday and Sunday?

I was planning on staying Saturday night and fishing Sunday also. Who all else is staying? I thought there was going to be some of us rent a condo? Anyone still up for that? Might be hard to find something this late.

Rob

nicemustang
01-06-2011, 01:08 PM
looks like your yard.
son jammed out so we cant attend your get together....would be good to meet you...another time

LOL....yes that is my yard where I took the pic.

aulrich
01-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Skunk and I are doubful, work and a nasty cold are conspiring against us.

Mrsjts1
01-06-2011, 01:54 PM
I was planning on staying Saturday night and fishing Sunday also. Who all else is staying? I thought there was going to be some of us rent a condo? Anyone still up for that? Might be hard to find something this late.

Rob

As far as I know there was a cabin rented for 6 of us. From what I gathered it was Cathy, Tony, Jeff, Myself, you and your wife, but I could be wrong. We are planning on leaving tomorrow night and staying saturday night as well, but I will get Jeff to clarify this all :)

It will be good to see you again Rob and hopefully your wife will come along :):sHa_shakeshout:

Kingfisher
01-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Cool I hadn't heard much so I was wondering if it was still a go. I have to work Friday night until 12 so I will be out there early on Saturday morning.

Rob

whitewolf
01-06-2011, 02:39 PM
im going to be out there,even if i have to crawl there...just hope i can find every one....

flygirrl
01-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Cool I hadn't heard much so I was wondering if it was still a go. I have to work Friday night until 12 so I will be out there early on Saturday morning.

Rob

Yes Rob your in on the Chalet. I thought I sent you confirmation. Sorry if i didnt, been a wierd week or so.

jts1
01-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Sent out an email with a map for staging area and chalet location. What do you guys think about meeting up at the chalet @ 7am and all leaving together. That way noone is left behind. As well is there an extra heater kicking around that I could use.

tonyflyfish
01-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Ok am half way there-heading to Canmore
Tomorrow with Cathy.

jts1
01-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Tony I have some racks that Steve gave me tonight for you.

tonyflyfish
01-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Racks? Don't tease me big fella!!!

jts1
01-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Yep Steve did them all up for you 2 sets in there I think.

tonyflyfish
01-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Oh those kind of racks!!!!

jts1
01-06-2011, 10:25 PM
You my friend are 2 old for any other.

tonyflyfish
01-06-2011, 10:36 PM
I thought I was doing pretty good for 87!

jts1
01-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Is that dog years there big guy......:medium-smiley-035:

tonyflyfish
01-06-2011, 10:51 PM
See you tomorrow. Am at Cathy and kens tonight.
This will be a great weekend away.
T

Gumbi
01-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Dont no if i can make it yet got to talk to buddy if we wants to come still, if u see a guy walkin around lookin lost with a team evil hat pullin a sled that would be me Haha! good luck if i dont see! get lots of pics and video.

Kingfisher
01-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Yes Rob your in on the Chalet. I thought I sent you confirmation. Sorry if i didnt, been a wierd week or so.

Yes I got it all now thanks. See ya there.

Rob

Jack&7
01-07-2011, 02:42 PM
I regret that I can't make it for this get-together. I'll keep my eyes open for the next one.

jts1
01-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Going to make a stop at BPS on my way to Canmore tonight Does anyone need anything? I will grab some Buzz Bombs Cathy.

SushiUnagi
01-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Hey guys! Same here won't be able to make this one either. Will look for the next! Thx for organizing!

kostianych
01-07-2011, 04:25 PM
same here, stuck carless......
thanks for organisation...see you all next time :)

The Fisherman Guy
01-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Sadly, I cannot make it tomorrow :mad0100:

Have fun all, be safe and keep your tent on the ice!!

Fishfinder
01-07-2011, 05:51 PM
I regret that I can't make it for this get-together. I'll keep my eyes open for the next one.

Sadly, x2.:mad0100:
This year for sure though!!!:)
Have fun all, as I know u will.
May the fish be with you, and be safe!

Fishfinder
01-07-2011, 05:52 PM
O ya, take lotsa pics:):):)

wallys_or_smallys
01-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Hey Im new to AB, if you've got room on the lake for 2 more the ol lady n myself would love to make it out. Im looking on the map but I don't see anything about sparrowhawk....do i just take spray trail down? srry im a tourist. :confused: hope to se you out there!

nicemustang
01-07-2011, 06:22 PM
PM sent.

WayneChristie
01-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Hey Im new to AB, if you've got room on the lake for 2 more the ol lady n myself would love to make it out. Im looking on the map but I don't see anything about sparrowhawk....do i just take spray trail down? srry im a tourist. :confused: hope to se you out there!

welcome to the forum and Alberta did you happen to bring a bucket of smalleys with you? :bad_boys_20:

mayuan
01-07-2011, 08:19 PM
hello All,

Looking to meet up with everyone tomorrow. Could someone please send the details. :)

I'm not sure where the chalet is?

Looking forward to meeting some of the people from the forum.

calgarygringo
01-07-2011, 08:53 PM
If anyone else is joining the Spray trip and need details let me know and I will forward to you. I think most may be in Canmore by now.

tonyflyfish
01-07-2011, 09:49 PM
some of us are here in Canmore waiting, waiting, waiting....................

WayneChristie
01-07-2011, 09:51 PM
some of us are here in Canmore waiting, waiting, waiting....................

slow waitress eh? :sHa_sarcasticlol: Tony you keep that flygirrl out of trouble tonight, shes a bad one!!!!

tonyflyfish
01-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Cathy and Jeff are drinking-Lindsay and I are watching the cooking channel! LOL

flygirrl
01-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Cathy and Jeff are drinking-Lindsay and I are watching the cooking channel! LOL

Lies that all they are is lies..:argue2:

calgarygringo
01-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Yes it was a great day again to get out. Weather was actually OK out where we were so no issues. Not much action on the rods only a few of us brought a fish home for dinner. I think Cathy has the biggest one when Jeff gets the pic back from her fish n chips at the Drake. As always nice to meet new and different folks from the board and when I get a chance I will put up a couple of todays pics. The official paparazzi is still in Canmore telling lies and stories i think.......
Time to plan the next one........

nicemustang
01-08-2011, 09:30 PM
THanks for coming all. I ended up with one more nice one after everyone left, will get pics tomorrow. Nice to see everyone again and meet some new people.

tonyflyfish
01-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Glad you are home safe. Thanks for everything.
We are still in Canmore home tomorrow

jacenbeers
01-08-2011, 11:24 PM
I had fun despite getting skunked. It was definitely nicer weather at Spray than in Calgary. Hope to see all the pics soon.

mayuan
01-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Nice to meet some more of the people from the forum. Looking forward to fishing with you guys and gals again.

reelhooker
01-09-2011, 09:19 AM
We had a great time and look forward to seeing more of the group. Although I left with a white stripe, I think I brought up the biggest twig.
Hope everyone got home safe and sound.
RH

slingshotz
01-09-2011, 11:15 AM
We had a great time and look forward to seeing more of the group. Although I left with a white stripe, I think I brought up the biggest twig.
Hope everyone got home safe and sound.
RH

Lies, we need photo proof of the twig!

Good meeting some new members even if I forgot everyone's name. Thanks again for organizing an outing Mustang.

flygirrl
01-09-2011, 02:13 PM
As usual we had a great time. To bad jts1 cant keep up with us old fogies..... He needed his beauty sleep. Roads on the way to Rocky where good. Waiting for Tonyflyfish to e-mail that he made it home OK. The chalet we stayed at was excellent. Lots of room, 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms. I would recommend it to anybody. Thanks Mrsjts1 for just being a friend. Was a much needed weekend with lots of laughs supplied by tonyflyfish, jts1 and kingfisher at the chalet.