PDA

View Full Version : lake isle

linger
01-03-2011, 09:14 AM
anyone know how things are at lake isle ?:)

handicap
01-03-2011, 10:11 AM
I was out there on Thursday and the tip-up went off 5 times had 5 bites and lost 1. It looks as if most lakes are having the same kind of luck I'm hoping it will pick up in the next couple of weeks..

linger
01-03-2011, 05:44 PM
the bites in the hand line were they perch :)

The Anvil
01-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Was out on Lake Isle on the 1st,

Not much was going on, fished on the South side of the lake, near kokomoko.
Didn't see anything on the cam, nor got any bites.

Was targeting perch, I suspect things to start to improve closer to the end of Jan. The thing i like to tell myself is that it really depends on too many variables. One day can be great fishing with lots of bites, the other can be nothing.

However never hurts to give things a try, cause you never know what the day will hold.

Tussell
01-03-2011, 06:13 PM
just got back from the south side. Three of us went out 2 on the ice, couple bites and missed 2. Pretty slow but have yet to be skunked on/in this lake.

Russ

handicap
01-03-2011, 08:44 PM
the bites in the hand line were they perch :)

Yea they were definitely Perch but one was also definitely a jack...I talked with a few others and no-one was catching anything but hey that means it's only going to get better... :)

linger
01-03-2011, 10:42 PM
thanks for the report i was out in the middle of dec not even a bite so sounds like they are finely coming around :)

terny
01-03-2011, 11:00 PM
we had a few fish in a couple trips to isle, 3 perch,6 pike, 1 wally, 2 were nice 12-13 inch perch and only one pike was a keeper, which surprized me because last year we caught nearly 50 pike and i woulda said nearly 45 of them were keepers even though we dont keep them, they hit hard on the perch lines. so i sized up my test to bring most those suckers up! we found the water quite merky still as it was hard to find the hook on the cam and actually we got a majority of the fish in 20 fow which we never ever tried fishing that deep last year, as many on here say wait till the end of january for it to pick up, hopefully it will. i guess the positive is that it wont get much worse ever lol. also my friend fished isle in the summer and ive heard before the alge gets bad in the lake but they said it was horrible in the summer and had to take there boat to get washed right after the trip i guess cause it was on there pretty good, dunno if thats effecting the water visibility??

summit151
01-03-2011, 11:34 PM
i was out there on the 2nd and had 4 bites only

things were very slow!:mad0100:

fish-slaughter
01-03-2011, 11:42 PM
was out on the 2nd as well iced 3 pike but none were keepers couple guys beside us caught 4 and 1 was a keeper its right slow now compared to beginning of december