PDA

View Full Version : Driedmeat Lake

Overdrawn
01-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Does anyone ever fish this lake? If so how's the fishing there and the ice?

maclennanchris
01-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Was invited out there last Wensday by a guy I work with. He lives on Dried Meat Lake, so I figured sure Ill go. i never seen so little action. We were there from 8:30 till about 3:00. NOTHING. Nothing on the cameras all day. Ice was pretty good, boys were driving on it, and we pulled his shack out for the winter. So I cant say for sure if it was the day or what. Last year he said was no good either. If you go let me know how you make out!

bloopbloob
01-03-2011, 04:45 PM
heard it got a bad winterkill a couple years ago, I've never had any luck there summer, or winter. gone icefishing out there once this year, not a single bite.

Overdrawn
01-03-2011, 08:33 PM
I was just curios. I thought in might of been a hidden jem since know ever talks about.

howlin
01-04-2011, 05:39 PM
a friend that lived near there(and knew lots of locals)said that its a jack lake with a river on the south west side going under the ice making it really thin.he said he knows a few people that broke threw

ganderblaster
01-04-2011, 08:17 PM
I used to fish their with my grandpa years ago. The last 5to7 years have been a dud with serious winter kill. This year they raised the dam or wier or whatever by the 56 so hopefully in a few years it will return to being fishable.