PDA

View Full Version : fishing carson and pegasus

CRAZY CAT
01-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Just wondering if anybody has been fishing these 2 lakes and how the fish were biting on both of them.

handicap
01-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Just wondering if anybody has been fishing these 2 lakes and how the fish were biting on both of them.

It is actually one lake Carson/Pegasus another name for it is ( McLeod Lake )..There is little McLeod as well just down the road..The rainbows have been biting on wire worms with power bait. Ice is around the 14" mark but to be on the safe side drill a few holes before driving on....I haven't heard much about Little McLeod as very few people tend to fish there winter or summer..Hope this helps you out a little.

Safety D
01-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Mcleod =alive pegasus =DEAD

Tyangelo
01-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Compared to McLeod, Little McLeod could be considered dead... Although, some of the clearest water around to fish in, and there's some really nice jack in there. Locationwise, my favorite AB lake to fish. Right side off the boat launch, half way accross the lake, is a weed bed with a big drop off. Tip ups on the dropp off, and fish for whites in around there too. Shrimp always seems to work in McLeod with a small treble as well. Have fun!

mudbug
01-03-2011, 10:04 PM

Zombie fish :scared0015:

hillbillyal
01-04-2011, 07:03 AM
pegasus is slow carson u will have your limit in an hr lol shrip and power bait

Bertuzzi
01-04-2011, 01:56 PM
I was at little Mcleod on the weekend...caught two in between the 3 -5 lbs range. In the next week or so, they will be spawning and that's when its the best their for the whites.
Happy Fishing!

Paul C
01-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Interesting comment. The camp ground is dead..............lol.

mudbug
01-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Interesting comment. The camp ground is dead..............lol.

Isn't the A loop open for camping during the winter? I haven't been there for a few years :thinking-006:

Bertuzzi
01-04-2011, 02:22 PM
You are correct! Loop A is open during the winter...:shark:

mudbug
01-04-2011, 06:32 PM
You are correct! Loop A is open during the winter...:shark:

Right on :sHa_shakeshout: Might have to put the camper back in the truck and head out for a few days :)

GMac
01-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Please tell me I'm wrong and I don't want to hijack this thread but I heard someone caught a jack in Mcleod while after rainbow. Anyone know of this?

jessedm
01-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Please tell me I'm wrong and I don't want to hijack this thread but I heard someone caught a jack in Mcleod while after rainbow. Anyone know of this?

carson is the big lake, stocked with many many rainbow trout......pegasus is the small lake which holds the pike and whitefish the two lakes are right beside each other. where the confusion comes from is that they (as i understand it) decided to change the names and to mcleod and little mcleod lakes or the other way around im not sure. that creates the confusion...... uh i think???!!!::argue2:

GMac
01-04-2011, 08:37 PM
carson is the big lake, stocked with many many rainbow trout......pegasus is the small lake which holds the pike and whitefish the two lakes are right beside each other. where the confusion comes from is that they (as i understand it) decided to change the names and to mcleod and little mcleod lakes or the other way around im not sure. that creates the confusion...... uh i think???!!!::argue2:

Well the way you say this. The pike was pull out of Carson. :scared0015:

Willowtrail
01-04-2011, 08:41 PM
I talked to the dude that runs the campground last May. He said there is no pike in Mcleod (Carson). It was a bad rumor. As mentioned above Little Mcleod (Pegasus) is the pike perch lake.

jessedm
01-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Well the way you say this. The pike was pull out of Carson. :scared0015:

the pike would have come out of pegasus or little mcleod lake!

GMac
01-04-2011, 08:47 PM
I talked to the dude that runs the campground last May. He said there is no pike in Mcleod (Carson). It was a bad rumor. As mentioned above Little Mcleod (Pegasus) is the pike perch lake.

Good to know hopefully a rumor.

jessedm
01-04-2011, 08:48 PM
[QUOTE=Willowtrail;786879]I talked to the dude that runs the campground last May. He said there is no pike in Mcleod (Carson). It was a bad rumor. As mentioned above Little Mcleod (Pegasus) is the pike perch lake.[/QUOTE

pike and whitefish!