PDA

View Full Version : Spray Lakes

brycem
01-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Was wondering if anyone has been up to the spray lakes recently, and if so is the ice snow covered or pretty clear? want to get some fishing in but the wife and kids want to do some skating so i was wondering if the ice was clear enough to do both...

Soiler
01-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Was up there by the campground on New years eve,there was at least 4 0r 5 " of snow all over the lake!!

alacringa
01-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Was there on Sunday. There are smallish clear patches; but much of the snow isn't more than a couple of inches deep...a shovel would make quick work of it, for a skating area. There are some impressive pressure ridges, though...the kids will probably prefer to avoid those.

brycem
01-03-2011, 08:03 PM
darn, wonder how it is further down the lake, know of anywhere else i could get some decent fishing in and they can do thier thing? haha

alacringa
01-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Should have mentioned it in my original post -- I was down near Sparrowhawk. Beyond that, it's more and more difficult to access the lake, in my experience.

chigro
01-03-2011, 09:09 PM
I fished there yesterday (about 2 km south of Sparrowhawk) starting at 8:30and had my limit by 9:20 am; 7 lakers total and released 4 small ones. As previously mentioned there is generally a couple inches of snow on the ice with random bare patches. Simply shovelling an area will allow for some skating.