PDA

View Full Version : Chip Lake update

JessePat
01-03-2011, 09:43 PM
I went out to Chip Lake even though some people were being pessimistic about my chances to catch a burb, ha ha. I got there around 3pm and I was able to navigate my car down the one way path and down to the lake. I probably wouldn't do it again because it was very sketchy at parts. As soon as I was set up it was non-stop little pike. After it got dark the pike tapered off and I wasn't getting any bites at all. I was using a glow jig with a minnow. Than wham! I get a huge hit. I thought it was a pike for sure, but low and behold I pull up a 2lbs 'Burb! As soon as I caught it I felt satisfied and packed up and drove back to edmonton! Great day, scary driving!

jacob1202
01-03-2011, 10:12 PM
I went out to Chip Lake even though some people were being pessimistic about my chances to catch a burb, ha ha. I got there around 3pm and I was able to navigate my car down the one way path and down to the lake. I probably wouldn't do it again because it was very sketchy at parts. As soon as I was set up it was non-stop little pike. After it got dark the pike tapered off and I wasn't getting any bites at all. I was using a glow jig with a minnow. Than wham! I get a huge hit. I thought it was a pike for sure, but low and behold I pull up a 2lbs 'Burb! As soon as I caught it I felt satisfied and packed up and drove back to edmonton! Great day, scary driving!

awesome... im glad it worked out for you... you seemed very excited to catch one there and now you did... congrats!!!