PDA

View Full Version : Reply on Fish Inn window issues

calgarygringo
01-04-2011, 07:01 AM
Like the rest of the group my Costco fish inn windows are broken as well. Last night before packing it in I thought I would send a nicely worded email to the point message regarding all of our window issues to them off their website. While sitting here having my morning coffee and reading the news I get a return email already. Surprise. Here is a copy of what is happening. Sounds like they know about it and would like to fix it. The fellows personal company address is in there as well. I would suggest if you have any of the fish inn issues to send him a note. I did explain about the Alberta Outdoorsmen group and sent a couple links showing our issues. Make sure you mention us as I hoped that would get someones attention rather than just send them all back.
Here is the note I got back from them. Maybe it will turn out to be a good thing.

Ken

From:David Fyfe (dfyfe@eqnx.biz)Sent:January 4, 2011 6:49:09 AMTo: 'Calgary Gringo' (calgarygringo@hotmail.com)
Good Morning Ken,

Our apologies for the problems with the windows we have been made aware of the issue with them and have sourced another window for replacement.

As soon as they arrive we will send you a note to let you know and will have replacements sent out to your location. We are hoping to have some of them by the end of the month.

Regards,

David Fyfe

Kim473
01-04-2011, 08:45 AM
This was my suggestons and their reply with in minnutes.

Hello Kim,

These are great comments. We will look at these improvements for next year and any future models we bring out.

I would like to send you out replacement windows as a back up when they arrive.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

David

Sent: January 4, 2011 9:33 AM
To: dfyfe@eqnx.biz
Subject: Fish Inn

I have the two person tent. It would be a much better product if it had a bigger skirt by about 4" all around, a bit bigger carry bag to be able to pack it in easier, better sealing of the window covers and vent covers to keep the light out and small leather tethers on the zippers to grab onto. I have noticed that the black liner seems to be developing small pin holes. I have not had any problems with my windows yet but have only used it twice and not colder than minus 5 degrees Celsius. If I have problems with my windows will you replace them? So far I am somewhat happy with it but it has had minimal use. Only used twice.

Thank you.

iliketrout
01-04-2011, 09:26 AM
David Fyfe has been replying to me immediately as well. I am happy with his level of committment to replace the windows.

calgarygringo
01-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Just thought I would let everyone know they are listening after earlier posts of no replys. Good to see he checked out our board as well as I sent him the link as well.

sco22
01-04-2011, 11:36 AM
I just emailed him as well. . .

Slannesh
01-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Good to know, we ended up buying both the 3 man and the 6 man tents since my wife didn't think there was enough room in the 3 man when we bring the baby :)

No problems yet but i'll keep note of this thread if I do have a problem with the windows or other things.

calgarygringo
01-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Just to follow up for all of us with the orange Costco tent window issues that the rep from Equinox joined in the the original 6 man tent window thread with a reply for all. Be sure to check it out......