PDA

View Full Version : Fincastle Lake

Timberj
01-04-2011, 08:53 AM
spent a total of 10 hours over two days on the east end of the lake, one fish per day was all we could pull up. we missed a couple of soft hits, but all in all the fishing was very slow. covered time frames from 1-5 first day and daybreak to 2 the second. ice was 14 inches thick. the two we did land were very nice thick pike. hopefully will pick up over next couple of weeks.....Timberj

Timberj
01-18-2011, 08:52 AM
Buddy and I limited out last Friday on the east end, lost more than we landed. Biting much better than two weeks back. Biggest about 6 pounds. Went back on Sunday and was much slower. Lots of ice (18 inches) and easy access to ice with the truck. Used large smelt or herring......Timberj

chubbdarter
01-18-2011, 02:34 PM
how are the eyes doing in fincastle?

Timberj
01-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Only fished for pike. Water clarity was poor, so couldn't see much down the pipe. We were in about ten feet of water, could only see about three feet....Timberj

npauls
01-18-2011, 08:52 PM
Hey Darter,

I will let you know hopefully in the near future if I can find the eyes and perch in fincastle. My dad wants to make a trip there. He remembers back when he was a kid fishing with his dad and grandpa there all the time. I have a topo map so we will do some searching if the weather is good and see what I can find.

Nate