PDA

View Full Version : trout worms?

PERCHY
01-04-2011, 12:43 PM
I have a stupid question. Ive never tried to use Trout worms Ice fishing before so i dont know if its legal...Does anyone know if you can use trout worms for ice fishing as they emit alot of scent? I could not find it in the regs. thanks.

slingshotz
01-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Worms are bait so as long as the body of water allows for bait, then you are good to go.

Pudelpointer
01-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Bait is bait. As long as it is not a bait fish of some type, and there are no other bait restrictions you should be fine

WTH are "trout worms"? Are you talking power bait, or actual wigglers?

PERCHY
01-04-2011, 01:33 PM

trout worms are actual worms that are stored in a fridge. they are actually labeled trout worms when you go to purchase them..

thanks for the insight

linger
01-04-2011, 01:42 PM
trout worms are accually small nightcrawlers:)

glen1971
01-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Got lotsda hits on Dew Worms on the weekend on brookies and rainbow...

Photoplex
01-05-2011, 09:08 PM
On a similar topic, what species go for meal worms?

Gus
01-05-2011, 09:37 PM
On a similar topic, what species go for meal worms?

I find them good for perch.

Geezle
01-06-2011, 06:18 AM
Bait is bait. As long as it is not a bait fish of some type, and there are no other bait restrictions you should be fine

Trout worms are just smaller dew worms. I'll usually just buy the jumbo dew worms, and if I'm fishing for trout and need something smaller, I'll just cut the dew worms in half :)

Perch and trout will go for the mealies.

SonnyJ
01-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Trout worms are just smaller dew worms.

Yeah and whitetails are just smaller moose...:sHa_sarcasticlol:

FOTW
01-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Red Worms (Eisenia fetida) – also known as Red Wigglers, Trout Worms, Tiger Worms, and Brandling Worms, among other common names – are well-known for their amazing composting ability, but they aren’t very often referred to as one of the great fishing worms – likely due to their relatively small size. Believe it or not, they are actually an excellent worm for fishing – especially for trout and panfish. You don’t need to keep them as cool as nightcrawlers, they live up to their ‘wiggler’ nickname, and they apparently last quite a while on the hook