PDA

View Full Version : slave lake access

bardfromedson
01-04-2011, 10:50 PM
wondering if there is a place on slave lake with good access to shacks. jousard trail out to shacks is no good this year. we have a big shack and don't want to have to quad or sled out to it all season long. is the trail out to shacks at canyon or other places better . also how far off shore is the break at canyon. if its only 4 or 500 yards i would find that a little bit better of a quad ride than 2 or 3 miles like at jousard to get off the ice. thanks in advance for the help.

Marlin07
01-05-2011, 08:01 AM
I'm curious as well. If access to Joussard is bad this year I want to move too. That road on and off the lake always seems to be no fun. Besides the fishing was'nt as good as previous years. Any truth to the rumor that all the walleye head west through out the winter and end up near shaws point?:confused::confused:

Thinlizzy
01-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Brad left you my cell number. I don't think I solved your problem.
I am staying in one of Bernie's Shanty's this weekend.
Told me to bring my Quad. Actually had my shanty hooked up to my truck and he called me and said some one canceled.
I am going to drive around during the day to Canyon Creek/Nine Mile point to see the situation for next year.
If you do want to Drop at Joussard there is a guy name Victor who will haul your shanty out for $100. He is super nice like Bernie and from what I have been told it's worth the money.
Bernie has his number or call me later since I have it at home.
Good luck this weekend everyone!!!!

highwood
01-05-2011, 11:59 AM
The drop is certainly closer to shore at Canyon than the access points further west, probably not much more than 500 yds.

#1mooselover
01-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Heard access is bad everywhere. Narrows bad as well. I would guess canyon creek would be best.

goober
01-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Are they saying it still may improve out to the shacks?? We are booked to go at the end of February and our only option would be to drive out.

crown royal 17
01-06-2011, 11:06 PM
I was out at nine mile three times so far, a trail marked.The ice is 16 inches drove with my truck,fishing slow.
Went to Assineau four shacks and plowed trail but was surprised when drilled holes to find 13 inches of ice.Drove out with my truck a couple of other trucks out there as well.Fishing was very good .