PDA

View Full Version : Any info on Wabamun?

sems
01-05-2011, 10:08 PM
I have a friend coming out for a visit next weekend from Saskatoon. Asked if I could take him fishing. I was thinking Wabamun would be a descent bet to catch some pike. Has anyone been out recently, enough ice to drive on? How was the fishing? Thanks in advance!

mooseknuckle
01-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Going in 10hrs!! With my brother whom i havent seen in a while. Work? Yeah right!

mikeym
01-06-2011, 08:59 AM
was there on saturday. was fishing on the south shore straight across from the point at Fallis.

fishing was pretty good all day. between 6 of us we landed around 40 jacks. biggest was around 13lbs and most averaged 6 - 8 lbs. couple of smaller ones also. also caught a burbot. lots of bites also that didn't hook up. the pike there are getting pretty wise, they will grab the bait but not inhale it, spit it out and wait to see if it moves before going after it again. who says fish are dumb.

ice was around 18" thick, did see one truck on the ice but we quadded on. lost of slushy ice on top. not going to say it is safe for a truck, that is for you to decide (i personally wouldn't be driving on it yet). with this warm weather and then the cold suppose to be coming this weekend, the top layer of snow/slush will be interesting to get aound on to say the least.

good luck
Mike