PDA

View Full Version : Cummings Lake near Fairview

Alberta Redneck
01-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Has anybody been out perch fishing at Cummings lately?
I'm thinking about going there on the weekend

7brent
01-06-2011, 07:15 PM
no i wouldent they shut off the air gashan and killed the lake off so they can restalk it with trout next year why i dont now it was a great place for kids

Alberta Redneck
01-07-2011, 07:16 AM
Good to know, Thanks. You just saved me a 1 hour drive for nothing. Killed the lake off? What the hell are they thinking.

Donkey Oatey
01-07-2011, 08:36 AM
I haven't heard anything about plans to kill off the lake. I talked with one of the public works guys and there was some talk that they should drain the lake this year cause it was so low and get rid of the perch that way, but would run in to huge public out cry after people paid money so they could put grass carp in there.

Next time I see Rod I will ask him about it.

Pierre
01-07-2011, 08:45 AM
http://www.fairviewpost.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?archive=true&e=2839719

Cummings Lake Aeration Cancelled

Due to the severe low water levels at Cummings Lake, Daryl Greenhill presented council with a recommendation from the Alberta Conservation Association not to aerate the lake. Questions were asked about the survival of the fish, to which Greenhill sated that due to the low water levels, there would be ice right to the bottom.

Donkey Oatey
01-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Thanks Pierre, I had missed that little blurb in there. I see they are keeping it pretty quiet. Gonna make those people that bought carp a little mad.

GummyMonster
01-07-2011, 07:05 PM
This is too bad. It was one of a few places that we can go ice fishing that is close to home. And the perch were great for the kids because they are so easy to catch.
Ken