PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon Lake last hurrah!!!

horsetrader
01-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Spent a few hours with my boy on pigeon Lake today before he flies back
to Ontario tomorrow. Was a nice day little windy but nice. We were the only ones on the lake. First hour nothing then a few moved in. Really enjoyed the day unfortunately won't see him till summer now. But on the bright side we did catch some nice fish...

The Anvil
01-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Awesome catch Horsetrader,

Good to hear that you and your son had a productive day on the Ice, and by the pics looks like you two got into them alright.

Good times!

Thanks for Sharing..

Cheers!

Alberta Bigbore
01-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Some really nice walleyes!!!

chubbdarter
01-06-2011, 11:08 PM
awesome..congrats to you both

Willowtrail
01-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Great catch.. Nice looking fish

nimrod
01-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Good for you, I was out New Years day and saw some but did not catch, good on you for proving they are still there. cheers

mudbug
01-06-2011, 11:22 PM
Great day out for you guys. Just curious do you have any pictures of your ice fishing shack? Looks like comfy set up :)

chubbdarter
01-06-2011, 11:23 PM
p.s. you can borrow my son anytime

Garry B
01-07-2011, 12:22 AM
Pretty fish those walleye.

The Great Outdoors
01-07-2011, 12:33 AM
Nothing better then spending time with the son. Congrats on a great day!

Kim473
01-07-2011, 05:29 AM
Nice catch H! You anchored at Mulhurst?

Chris84
01-07-2011, 06:47 AM
Looks like a great day on the lake. Congrats

horsetrader
01-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Great day out for you guys. Just curious do you have any pictures of your ice fishing shack? Looks like comfy set up :)

Nice catch H! You anchored at Mulhurst?

Mudbug
LOL the pics make it look better then it I think this is the last year for it roof is sagging and starting to rot. Working on another one.

Kim
yeah just out from the launch, the launch is blocked off with ice and concrete
slabs. You got to go down where the old ramp was right beside it. Shack is the little red one. Bites start early stop by 10 then on again about 2:30 pink jig with minnow.I was fishing pink he was fishing red I landed three he didn't get a bite
he switched to pink and bang.. he had three in no time...

Kim473
01-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Thx H. I was out there twice and saw your shack. Might make it back in a week or two. Will stop by if I see you there. Were those eyes over the C class size?

horsetrader
01-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Thx H. I was out there twice and saw your shack. Might make it back in a week or two. Will stop by if I see you there. Were those eyes over the C class size?

Just look for the grey ridgeline or polaris quad. At least a couple would be in your slot size. Nice and fat to your welcome to drill right beside.A buddy that live in mulhurst put the shack out for me this year hit a good spot I'vebeen out twice he's been out three times eyes every time out.

mooseknuckle
01-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Some nice looking walleye!! On a completely useless note I have the same coffee cups. Yep its true.

The Anvil
01-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Kim,

Let me know when you are venturing out again... I might join you if all those involved don't mind!

Cheers!

thorne
01-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Moose.....what can I say...that made me laugh dude..Thanks!

Rockymtnx
01-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Looks like it was a great day of fishing!

Kim473
01-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Kim,

Let me know when you are venturing out again... I might join you if all those involved don't mind!

Cheers!

Will do. Won't be going for a week or two tho.

DisplacedCaper
01-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Nice Walleye for sure !! Ive never been to pigeon before and am thinking on heading up in 2 weeks. any tips on a good place to start? im after anything pike, perch, doesnt matter. just gonna get out for a day.

Big Red 250
01-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Nice. Makes me hungary looking at the pic's.

horsetrader
01-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Nice Walleye for sure !! Ive never been to pigeon before and am thinking on heading up in 2 weeks. any tips on a good place to start? im after anything pike, perch, doesnt matter. just gonna get out for a day.

These ones were caught at mulhurst straight out from the boat ramp about
12 fow using pink jig with minnow right on bottom. Have caught the odd pike
there nothing to big

mudbug
01-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Mudbug
LOL the pics make it look better then it I think this is the last year for it roof is sagging and starting to rot. Working on another one.

Kim
yeah just out from the launch, the launch is blocked off with ice and concrete
slabs. You got to go down where the old ramp was right beside it. Shack is the little red one. Bites start early stop by 10 then on again about 2:30 pink jig with minnow.I was fishing pink he was fishing red I landed three he didn't get a bite
he switched to pink and bang.. he had three in no time...

Got any pictures of the new hut your building ? Kinda looking for ideas on building one too :)

walleyeca
01-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Hey horsetrader! Doc here! hey how was it travelling around on your quad i just bought one tonight it has mudlite tires seems they are very aggressive! let me know or call me toomorow at the shop please and thanks

WayneChristie
01-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Nothing beats a day of fishing with your kids, give my left.:sign0068:... for more days with mine.

horsetrader
01-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Hey horsetrader! Doc here! hey how was it travelling around on your quad i just bought one tonight it has mudlite tires seems they are very aggressive! let me know or call me toomorow at the shop please and thanks

I'm running stock tires F&R but started running chains on back this year
Just have to watch out for driffs they can bogg you down was not to bad if you start to slow or bogg down I usually standup and rock the machine and give a little more gas. You should be fine

horsetrader
01-16-2011, 10:18 PM
Nothing beats a day of fishing with your kids, give my left.:sign0068:... for more days with mine.

Makes a great day on the ice or on the water even better.

horsetrader
01-17-2011, 12:39 AM
Got any pictures of the new hut your building ? Kinda looking for ideas on building one too :)

New hut is a 16' enclosed trailer still have to finish framing inside then
take it to have it sprayed with foam ins. panel it put in some heat.
going to pick up some catch covers from The Reel Doctor these things are great
want to make it so it's still usable for work if I need it.Will put on some pics of trailer when it's father along.If it stops snowing maybe can work on it

Kim473
01-17-2011, 05:11 AM
You making a drop down H.? Put double doors or something in the back so you can load a quad or sled.

Is the snow too deep for my Dakota 4X4 to drive on this coming Satarday? Wish it was raised about 12" now. I know in ED it would be too deep as it has been snowing all weekend. How about out there? At Pigeon?

walleyeca
01-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Drop down is the way to go!! I recently purchased a ridgeline and I love it! Its empty but finished inside so you can create what you want! but still drive quads in its funtastic!

mudbug
01-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Drop down is the way to go!! I recently purchased a ridgeline and I love it! Its empty but finished inside so you can create what you want! but still drive quads in its funtastic!

That looks really neat :)

horsetrader
01-25-2011, 10:26 PM

You got me thinking now the more I look at the ridgelines I'm thinking thats the way to go.
Lots of advantages love the drop down and the ability to remove the wheels
Thinking i'll just finish framing mine sell it and go for a ridgeline.
I got a ridgeline truck would look nice hooked to a ridgeline fish house