PDA

View Full Version : Clam fish trap voyager??

cujo1969
01-07-2011, 11:55 AM
Lookin at getting one of these are they easy to use and setup? Look simple in the store. Anybody have one?Looks easier then the icecube type tents.

Bertuzzi
01-07-2011, 01:34 PM
I bought one last year...love it, takes 2 mins to setup, throw the heater in there and you're good to go. Mine is a two seater mounted on a sled. I highly recommend the clam! Very durable too!
:character0175:

nicemustang
01-07-2011, 01:39 PM
How are they in strong winds? I am also considering one for next year.

chubbdarter
01-07-2011, 01:47 PM
tryed clam....tryed eskimo.....went back to my frabil 3 seater. the padded swivel seats and quality are just better in my opinion

Bertuzzi
01-07-2011, 01:49 PM
I have had no issues in strong winds at all. I had one issue one day because of hardly any snow on the ice and it was just me in the tent and the sled bottom was sliding around a little. I just had to put all of my gear on the other side of me to equal the weight issue. Mine has the insulated fabric and about 6 inches of skirt, so you can seal it up with some snow around the perimeter...works pretty good. I have been through a few tents and by far this is the best bang for you buck in my opinion.
:)

Bertuzzi
01-07-2011, 01:53 PM
tryed clam....tryed eskimo.....went back to my frabil 3 seater. the padded swivel seats and quality are just better in my opinion

That's pretty much what i have too...the padded swivel seats mounted on a sled bottom...it just has clam on the side of it instead of frabil.

chubbdarter
01-07-2011, 02:04 PM
That's pretty much what i have too...the padded swivel seats mounted on a sled bottom...it just has clam on the side of it instead of frabil.

im not much of a tent sitter. but when i used the clam it was way noisier than the frabil. the black is also way warmer for the wife. and the frabil tracks better behind the snowmobiles.
my frabil is 3 years old though, i dont know about a new one