PDA

View Full Version : Sad, Sad, Sad.Fishing related info

Gust
01-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Wow. We just lost our Sovereignty.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/opinions/opinion/what-you-dont-know-about-a-deal-you-havent-heard-of/article1859216/

Photoplex
01-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Hardly. Here comes consumer choice.

aulrich
01-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Keep one foot on the floor when you read the article it has a bad case of the spinns. the authour is from "The Council of Canadians" The Frasier Institue for the loony left.

Who knows what the truth is on this one, personally smoothing out trade is never bad.

Photoplex
01-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Keep one foot on the floor when you read the article it has a bad case of the spinns. the authour is from "The Council of Canadians" The Frasier Institue for the loony left.

Who knows what the truth is on this one, personally smoothing out trade is never bad.

It certainly fits into the sensationalist category

Gust
01-07-2011, 02:42 PM
It certainly fits into the sensationalist category

So you read the article or skimmed it?

Okotokian
01-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Come on... it's Maude Barlow. :sad0147::1041:

Not sure why she is whining about the "environmental implications". I would have thought she would LOVE for Canada to be held to European environmental standards (which seem to me to be more stringent than our own).

Same whining they have done about NAFTA. Given the hatred NAFTA generates in the US I'd say Canada must be doing well by it. ;)

Photoplex
01-07-2011, 02:53 PM
So you read the article or skimmed it?

I read it. And your point is? You're saying that article isn't sensationalist?

Gust
01-07-2011, 03:17 PM
I read it. And your point is? You're saying that article isn't sensationalist?

I am saying that and what possible consumer product would we need fro Europe that we don't get already, a fair market price for treacle.

Typically, environmental standards exercised in other countries is slack.

The reason I posted it was in relation to water conservancy issues that we discuss on forum constantly, and I beleive this goes against this. Regardless of a left wing or right wing stance, what are your opinions?

aulrich
01-07-2011, 03:25 PM
We have what 1/3rd of the worlds fresh water, with the worlds population growing as it is, selling stuff is not the loss of sovereignty I am worried about, it's when someone decided to roll the tanks, lots of resources not much way to stop someone you know a "Red Dawn" sort of senario.