PDA

View Full Version : Quick input for greater fun icefishing (red deer area)

Bigwhite
01-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Tried sylvan 6-7 times, caught 2 pike one small walleye... not so interested in whitefish. I do get a kick out of seeing the 20 plus pound pike coming through my friends shack daily but I'd sure like to catch a bit more than 1 fish every 2 days..... My father would like to come out fishing with me tomorrow, were all geared up with a good heater and my 4 man ice cube... Anyone have any suggestions where to go, I was thinking cow lake, burnstick lake?? pine lake, I don't really care just somewhere that would be fairly quiet but have a decent chance of atleast catching a few exciting fish. (6" rainbows don't excite me much, nor do 6" perch) Big pike would be awesome, maybe even some large rainbows, the odd ling, I dunno just some action. I have an underwater camera so water clarity would be nice so I could impress him a little with the new unit..... i know pine is bad for clarity.. Champions who are catching fish speak up lol

Bigwhite
01-07-2011, 08:23 PM
hopefully some of you chime in here, were leaving early in the morning if all goes as planned. I'll take some pics and give some feedback when im home. thnx gang

SushiUnagi
01-08-2011, 12:02 AM
If your located in southern AB I know Lake Newell has some big pikes. Not sure how it is doing right now for ice fishing though...

PCR is usually pretty good with 'quantity' of walleyes and now burbots thru the ice.

Hope that helps!