PDA

View Full Version : Night Fishing with a light??

Gus
01-08-2011, 11:23 AM
SO I was reading through the regs and was suprised to learn that you can fish with a light in AB as long as the light is attached to your line. Surprised the heck out of me, I was always taught that lights were a big no no. Come to think of it I don't think ive ever seen a light that you can attach to your line for sale anywhere. Anyone ever use one?

Jimboy
01-08-2011, 11:33 AM
SO I was reading through the regs and was suprised to learn that you can fish with a light in AB as long as the light is attached to your line. Surprised the heck out of me, I was always taught that lights were a big no no. Come to think of it I don't think ive ever seen a light that you can attach to your line for sale anywhere. Anyone ever use one?

Ya need a light ta see where yer goin:scared:

ORV
01-08-2011, 12:16 PM
they are glosticks. just crack them & they are good to go.
i just use glo jigs instead.
easier & cheaper.lol

gl2
01-08-2011, 01:16 PM
no need for a light...walley see just fine when the sun goes down. lol

jessedm
01-08-2011, 08:21 PM

i quizzed a a conservation officer and he wasnt the most sure of it himself but the jist of it is that you can have a light up hook (ive seen them at walmart) or a light stick on the line which i have seen too, but where the catch is that you cant shine a light down the hole when fishing.

deanmc
01-08-2011, 08:32 PM

I tied a glo stick to a line at a trout lake in BC years ago just for kicks. It was unreal had dozens of rainbows follow it in and try to bite it. It was not legal to fish this way and before you jump on me I never tied a hook on.But it was very neat to watch. Not to mention you can sure cast a long way with a glo stick. lol

gui
01-08-2011, 08:39 PM
ive fished with lots of lights for fishing. ive used light bobbers from thills. 12 bucks in red deer each. very nice for night fishing. and theres glow sticks u attach to the bobbers. and theres light u can put on tip ups for night time tip up action. the only thing not allowed is flashing the light in the water summer or winter. its illegal. i love fishing at night with the light bobber cuz when u get a hit n u pull the line u can see the light under the water going all over the place lol its nice and cool.