PDA

View Full Version : aqua vu knock off fish tv how good is it?

25-06rem.model700
01-09-2011, 10:02 PM
i seen this fish tv and the local shop the other day im hitting ole burntstick to see if io catch some decent perch and maybe pike or a walleye and was wondering if any buddy has every used this thing before. I might have to pick one up when i go to grab my maggots in the morning

gl2
01-09-2011, 11:18 PM
i have a fish tv 7, it works good. 100 feet of cord and at a price u cant go wrong with. good luck and enjoy your new toy.

medhatken
01-09-2011, 11:21 PM
i have a fish tv 7, it works good. 100 feet of cord and at a price u cant go wrong with. good luck and enjoy your new toy.

x2

.millartime.
01-10-2011, 08:38 AM
I also have a fish tv and i dont care for it too much. The picture only stays on for five mins or so than the picture goes fuzzy and it turns itself off. Than i turn it off and on again and it works for another 5 mins. ive checked the cords and the batteries and nothing seems to help. Eventually i stopped using it because it was frustrating. So make sure you keep that reciept!

nicemustang
01-10-2011, 08:46 AM
The fish tv is very basic but does the job in shallow water and clear lakes. It's works wonders in burnstick but you won't be able to see squat in lots of other lakes. Spend the bit extra and get the cabela's one with the sony camera. Lifetime warranty as well on all cabelas brand stuff.

Fishin' Fool
01-10-2011, 01:44 PM
In low light conditions, the FishTV's aren't nearly as good as the Aqua-Vu's which aren't nearly as good as the Marcum low light cams.

I have the Aqua-Vu and get an hour or more per day of vision than my bud gets with his FishTV. Another friend has the Marcum and it blows my A-V away.

PERCHY
01-10-2011, 01:46 PM
i have one and it works great. you should get a tripod though.

Sundancefisher
01-10-2011, 01:59 PM
i have one and it works great. you should get a tripod though.

I am thinking of selling my camera system. Works really good...and I have the extra long cable. My only problem is that I don't have the adaptor to make movies with. I would prefer one I can plus a USB stick into or a sim card or some thing along those lines.

I think making under water movies is cool.

PERCHY
01-10-2011, 02:32 PM
I am thinking of selling my camera system. Works really good...and I have the extra long cable. My only problem is that I don't have the adaptor to make movies with. I would prefer one I can plus a USB stick into or a sim card or some thing along those lines.

I think making under water movies is cool.

thats all i watch on youtube!

nicemustang
01-10-2011, 02:34 PM
thats all i watch on youtube!

x2!!!

I just got the new marcum this year and it has an output. Been doing research and I need to get a capture device for my laptop in order to record. Going to search and order one online tonight or stop and memory express. Then I'll record a bunch of vids.

AlbertaAngler
01-10-2011, 02:52 PM
I have the cabelas and like it. I have been capturing a lot of underwater footage with it. Can't give an opinion on the fish tv though.

Sorry a little off topic. NM I have a DVD Xpress DX2 for laptop capture DX2 (http://www.adstechnologies.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=2&zenid=1d11863d49e7e018552a0f0320bd9ba6)
I got it at staples I don't know if they still carry it. It was mentioned by another forum member a while back. It has worked well and doesn't require external power. It hooks to the laptop by usb. I did find dragging my laptop around a little much a times. So I got a Aiptek hd camcorder (it has AV in) AHDP (http://www.aiptek.com/Camcorders/HD/AHDP/Features/)
It is definately cheap as the price implies but it has worked well so far. The spray lakes video I posted a while back was recorded with it. If you do order it get two batteries if you want more than four to five hours of straight recording.

PERCHY
01-10-2011, 05:01 PM
x2!!!

I just got the new marcum this year and it has an output. Been doing research and I need to get a capture device for my laptop in order to record. Going to search and order one online tonight or stop and memory express. Then I'll record a bunch of vids.

If you get the capture device message me a link when you upload the vids...My favorite on YOUTUBE right now is probably gullburbs. its ling in gull lake. whoever shot that footage had to have had a great day

chubbdarter
01-10-2011, 05:28 PM
we use ours to check bottom structure
sometimes to check suspiscious fish for kind and quality
then it gets put away...lol